Access to bottom of shower room sink drain in a HymerCar Yosemite? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 2, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymercar Yosemite
Exp
Since summer 2019
Hi. The bottom of the ‘shower room sink’ drain pipe has come loose in our HymerCar Yosemite. I have looked down it with a small endoscope camera and where I guess it is supposed to take a right-angle bend to go towards the grey sump, I can see some 12V electric connectors. The pipe just drains into the void of the van! Any water put down the sink eventually dribbles direct to the outside under the van. Has anyone any idea of how to get at this area to fix things? It is the area towards the bottom left of the rear wall in this photograph. Maybe the only way is to remove the shower tray (which also means the toilet). Thanks for any suggestions!
IMG_9855.jpeg

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
What is on other side of the left lighter brown wall?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sixty-nine Chevy
May 2, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymercar Yosemite
Exp
Since summer 2019
A narrow cupboard with a bed over it. I did have a look inside the cupboard but I don’t think it could give the needed access.

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
Id have another look there as i doubt the pipe goes under the shower, mind nothing would surprise me.
Does your endo scope have a torch, you could stick that on and go look in any position you can to try and see the light.
Is that the sink top of picture, can that be removed? Might get some access

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
Just googled your van, the shelf and possibly the dark walling behind the toilet might need to be investigated fir removal. The flip up sink area could possibly give access

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sixty-nine Chevy
May 2, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymercar Yosemite
Exp
Since summer 2019
Thanks for your interest! Yes, the sink is just above the top left of the photo. My endoscope does have a light on it which I have used as I have dropped it down the waste pipe of the sink. I can see the internal ribbing of the waste pipe and then I can see out of the pipe, with some electrical cables in view. I am sure this is where the pipe should be taking a 90 degrees turn to come horizontally towards the centre of the van. I can remove a panel immediately below the shower tray which is 2 or 3 inches above the floor of the van. This lets me see two horizontal waste pipes. One connects from the shower drain and I can see it going into the grey waste tank. I can also see the second going into the grey waste tank and also disappearing away from me towards the point below the sink waste pipe. If I had fingers 3 feet long I might be able to fix the problem by touch! Pretty sure the back wall and sink will not come off. I saw on a Facebook group specific to Hymercars someone who seems to have had the same issue. They did indeed have to take the shower tray up to get to the problem. I have asked them for details because at the moment I can't see how the toilet would allow me to do that.

Upvote 0
Aug 20, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer Ayers Rock
Hi, we're facing the same problem in our Hymer Ayers Rock... Were you able to solve it?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sixty-nine Chevy
May 2, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymercar Yosemite
Exp
Since summer 2019
Yes, just yesterday but I didn’t do it! I was thinking access had to be by removing the shower floor, which in turn required removing the toilet. Info from another forum specific to HymerCars showed that this wouldn’t work. Out of ideas, I booked the repair into a fairly local HymerCar dealer. They initially thought repair would be by removing the sink unit and going in from the top, but then thought this would not work. They were about to take on the big job of removing the shower floor when they decided to have another go through a small access ‘hatch’ at the back of a cupboard immediate to the left of the shower ‘room’. I had tried this myself at suggestion of someone on the HymerCar forum, but I could not even squeeze into the cupboard. Fortunately, they had a staff member small, slim and flexible enough to use this access and make the repair. I was amazed. They said the problem was the waste hose shortening with use and eventually pulling itself off the bottom fitting. The put in a new longer hose so the same problem will not recur. Very pleased!

Upvote 0

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Hi. The bottom of the ‘shower room sink’ drain pipe has come loose in our HymerCar Yosemite. I have looked down it with a small endoscope camera and where I guess it is supposed to take a right-angle bend to go towards the grey sump, I can see some 12V electric connectors. The pipe just drains into the void of the van! Any water put down the sink eventually dribbles direct to the outside under the van. Has anyone any idea of how to get at this area to fix things? It is the area towards the bottom left of the rear wall in this photograph. Maybe the only way is to remove the shower tray (which also means the toilet). Thanks for any suggestions!View attachment 929000
Had the same happen a helpful chap had the same and removed his bathroom, the pipe is derelict to access and I wasn’t brave enough to remove the bathroom. Looking at what the dealer did I think they removed the toilet (easy enough) and looks like they removed the panel just inside the hatch to reach through and re-join

This is the link from last year and will post some hatch photos.

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Had the same problem. Luckily I could access mine through the cassette hatch. As I couldn't get to the other end to fit a longer tube I just put a short length on the end with a joining adapter. Mr Bodgit is my nickname.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back