Aaaaarggggghh - I'm never gonna have a Three sim again!!!! (38 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
What a flaming palaver!

I had a PAYG sim with £7 credit on it and my main phone number, as I was never going to use the credit other than to keep the sim alive by doing a text every 3 months, I had a shuftie and discovered that I could get a refund of the balance if I moved my number (ie left them). You wouldn't think it would be difficult but it is ... trying to get the flaming credit back has been a nightmare, loads of on-line chats and phone calls to no avail! :confused:

I initially chatted online and got a PAC code so ported to my new Vodafone contract early September then chatted again to get the credit refunded when I was told it would be paid back to the bank account it was original paid from within 10 days. I gave them a good couple of weeks but it never appeared, surprised? No! Another chat and told I had to ring to give them my bank account details, they gave me the phone numbers.

Finally got round to ringing today but I cannot get through to a human UNLESS I am an existing Three customer as I have to put my number in ... if I try it says it doesn't exist (which is true) and cuts you of!!!! Tried several times with various options but no good .... :mad:

Consequently I had to do yet another chat and 'waffle' to get past the flipping bot, then 'conversed' with a human who said they can't do it via chat and I have to ring, explained the numbers they gave were useless but apparently that's the only numbers they have! They couldn't put me through to anyone who could help me either. What a shower!

They're a flipping communications company who you can't contact. Not happy so said I wanted to put in a formal complaint, told yet again to ring the same useless numbers ... do they even read what you tell them?????

I managed to find an online complaints form which I've completed so hopefully that'll sort it out, if not there's gonna be a stinking letter sent to them and a report filed with Ofcom. :banghead:

.... and breathe! :giggle:

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
It sounds to me like the only thing you can do is sign them upto to lots and lots of email marketing for the other companies.

Also ensure you give them lots of 1 star reviews

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I know what you're going through and can sympathise.
I tried to cancel a number outright.
I went to the 3 shop but might as well have gone to the pub ....sorry, we can't help, you have to ring customer services to cancel.
When I rang, the phone jockey I spoke to was actually in India and English was her 26th language.
Even out of contact I had to give a month's notice to leave.....I was simply leaving and not moving elsewhere.
Luckily the monthly charge was only £7.
How much she understood when I began ranting I have no idea but it made me feel better.

Nov 2, 2023
Sunderland, UK
Funster No
MH
wildax altair
I left 3 after they couldn’t let me upgrade my plan without resetting my email address , so I set up another email but when I then tried to get in the operator had changed my date of birth to American format and when I said change it back they wanted my passport or driving licence posting to them , so i dug my heels in and said no why should I . But in the end I cancelled and went elsewhere .

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I cancelled a 3 sim and at the same time I cancelled the DD, next thing I know they had set the debt collectors on me.
Terible company to deal with.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Trying to speak to a uman been is almost impossible especially with phone companies. AI is the way they go.
I hate this stuff but it’s what we get from all these type of companies. ☹️ I’m with ID mobile and for what I pay, it works extremely well, until it goes wrong and just forget it. You end up swearing at a robot. Exterminate exterminate
Phil

Aug 17, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria 640 SLB on ord
I find that the best way to get a response from these type of companies is to private message them in Twitter, I think they have people constantly looking at their social media (or a bot doing it) and are averse to the complainant going public if they don’t respond.

I’ve not had a failure to get to a person yet, usually resolved on the same day, it’s almost like they think that someone savvy enough to contact them that way might make a nuisance of themselves publicly if they don’t deal with it.

I never use twitter or X or whatever it’s called except for complaining…

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back