A short questionnaire for anyone who has lived full time or semi full time (perhaps including long trips) as part of my M.Sc dissertation. (1 Viewer)

AndyB57

Free Member
Dec 11, 2016
North Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Consort Kite PVC
Exp
Since 2016
With the approval of the boss man, Jim, I will (subject to my universities ethics committee approval) be posting a short questionnaire about vanlife / full time living in a mobile home / camper etc. Responses will be entirely privite. It will be part of my dissertation for my master's degree in environmental health.

I'd just like to post this in the hope of advertising the fact before hand and to ask who would be kind enough to help me in my studies?

I shall try and keep it brief and I will provide more details after university approval.

Depending on guidence from my school's accademics this may take a few weeks or months to come to fruition.

My thanks in advance to our kind and helpful community.

I'm happy to answer any questions anyone may have.

Best wishes to all,
Jack.
Definitely happy to participate - we full-timed for nearly 3 years so have a bit of experience

Apr 18, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo TD590
Exp
Long time caravanner - almost 2 years a motorhomer
Generalist data is of little benefit to the individual, as with all normative averages individuals are not considered.
In my view your MSc is at risk of becoming a tick box exercise, there consider carefully the desired outcome and potential distortion of data.
From the perspective of the individual I can little or no benefit.
I look forward to your conclusions and evidence declared.
This is what a Masters in Gobbledegook does for you.

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
It took three years of utter pointless effort!
Nothing like pointless debt to improve the mind for a post in a Burger Chain.
Smiling šŸ¤£

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
It took three years of utter pointless effort!
Nothing like pointless debt to improve the mind for a post in a Burger Chain.
Smiling šŸ¤£
What were you hoping to achieve, or profession to join, once having got your degree?
Sorry if this is just going off topic but I'm interested.

Jan 21, 2019
Hampshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Since 2017
With the approval of the boss man, Jim, I will (subject to my universities ethics committee approval) be posting a short questionnaire about vanlife / full time living in a mobile home / camper etc. Responses will be entirely privite. It will be part of my dissertation for my master's degree in environmental health.

I'd just like to post this in the hope of advertising the fact before hand and to ask who would be kind enough to help me in my studies?

I shall try and keep it brief and I will provide more details after university approval.

Depending on guidence from my school's accademics this may take a few weeks or months to come to fruition.

Best wishes to all,
Jack.
We lived full time in our motorhome during the pandemic from first day lockdown, march 2020 as weā€™d just completed on sale of our house.
Happy to oblige šŸ‘

OP
OP
CamperJack
Oct 11, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Converting a Van
Exp
I'm a Total Newbie!
Thanks again to all who have commented and said they would fill out the questionnaire. I was nervous I wouldn't get enough responses! šŸ˜ŠšŸ˜ŠšŸ˜ŠšŸ˜Š

Nov 29, 2019
Hume, Scottish Borders, Kelso, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Amethyst
Exp
Since Feb 29th 2020

Best wishes to all,
Jack.
I would be happy to contribute.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 29, 2012
Penrith
Funster No
MH
DIMS van conversion
Exp
since 2010
Generalist data is of little benefit to the individual, as with all normative averages individuals are not considered.
In my view your MSc is at risk of becoming a tick box exercise, there consider carefully the desired outcome and potential distortion of data.
From the perspective of the individual I can little or no benefit.
I look forward to your conclusions and evidence declared.
Without wishing to criticise you - I just don't understand some of this posting.
Typos perhaps? Please explain in more detail.
Thanks. Spike

Jun 29, 2012
Penrith
Funster No
MH
DIMS van conversion
Exp
since 2010

Best wishes to all,
Jack.
If spending 6 months each year for 5 years counts - we'll be happy to help.

OP
OP
CamperJack
Oct 11, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Converting a Van
Exp
I'm a Total Newbie!
Quick heads up guys. I have, today, been given approval by my universities ethics committee to start my research / dissertation! I'm very pleased.

Now I have to create the questionnaire on an online platform and make a few last minute tweeks. I also have to finish another assignment this weekend. So I should be posting the link to questionnaire some time next week.

I hope you are all still okay to fill it out. It will help me immensely.

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Quick heads up guys. I have, today, been given approval by my universities ethics committee to start my research / dissertation! I'm very pleased.

Now I have to create the questionnaire on an online platform and make a few last minute tweeks. I also have to finish another assignment this weekend. So I should be posting the link to questionnaire some time next week.

I hope you are all still okay to fill it out. It will help me immensely.
I hope it goes well. I enjoyed my time fulltiming, and I completed most of my MA working in my van :)

OP
OP
CamperJack
Oct 11, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Converting a Van
Exp
I'm a Total Newbie!
I hope it goes well. I enjoyed my time fulltiming, and I completed most of my MA working in my van :)

I did some of my M.Sc working and living in the van, until my girlfriend decided she wanted to move up here to my university city to live with me. I miss living in the van though!

OP
OP
CamperJack
Oct 11, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Converting a Van
Exp
I'm a Total Newbie!
Quick update on the delay!

Under the terms agreed with my universities ethics committee participants must have the right to have their submissions and data deleted upon request.

I am struggling to find a (free to use) service that facilitates this, as well as meeting other requirements.

I asked my academic advisor, who advised I ask the university library. I am now waiting for their ideas.

If this isn't fruitful the work around will be to do this manually. This will be harder work for me, I will have to find a way to assign random numbers to your submissions and pair them with your names and / or email addresses so that I can manually remove your answers for the rest. Also you'll have to ask me for an email and a link to the survey, which isn't quite as smooth as just following a link I post up.

Fingers crossed the library come up with something. They "aim to get back to questions within three working days". So fingers crossed again for next week!! šŸ¤ž šŸ¤ž šŸ¤ž šŸ¤ž

OP
OP
CamperJack
Oct 11, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Converting a Van
Exp
I'm a Total Newbie!
Try survey monkey the may do a freebie reduced rate for students. You cannot be the only student with this issue.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Survey Monkey doesn't allow for enough respondents before you hit a pay wall.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Maybe the computer students count knock up something

OP
OP
CamperJack
Oct 11, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Converting a Van
Exp
I'm a Total Newbie!
Hi all. The questionnaire is finally up and running. I would love you all to fill it out. It would be a huge help to me and my studies! The deadline for participation is 6th July 2022. A link to the questionnaire can be found in this thread:

OP
OP
CamperJack
Oct 11, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Converting a Van
Exp
I'm a Total Newbie!
Another reminder that this questionnaire is up and ready. I have only got 16 replies and really I wanted about 50.

If anyone has a spare ten minutes I would love to hear from you all.

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
Happy to do a round of the glen? Usually a few full timers...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back