A resolved gotcha on my Samsung Android phone concerning data that might just help someone else. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 1, 2024
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Hobby T500 LHD
Exp
Spring 2024
Whilst on my recent 16 day jaunt in Europe I thought I had run out of data on my Schengen-wide EE SIM only contract and so limped along with wifi at campsites etc.

On my return I eventually realised via my desktop that I had bags of data left. Somehow (It may have been me when I bought my S10 5G or the phone may have arrived with me set up this way) the phone was set up to stop using data at 4GB so as to avoid costly add-on data charges. In fact my EE limit is now 200 GB per month!!!

I seem unable to change the 4GB cut off point in the phone Settings but can and now have disabled the cut off at that figure so I am back on line with data for the rest of this month!

Being without data was a real bind as I use my phone as a hotspot for both my personal and my work PC. So this post has broader relevance than just EU/motorhome travel. You might want to check how yours is set up!

P.S. It did not help that the EE website was barely functioning when I tried to sort the problem via my notebook PC and/or the phone while in France and would not give me access either to my data usage or the ability to purchase additional data. Hence not realising until I got home several days later.

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
PlacidoD Try these steps....

Settings / Connections / Turn on 'Mobile Data' / Click on 'Billing Cycle and Data Warning'. From there you can change the setting to your preference.

Hope this helps :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back