A photo of your van camping last night (13 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
You seem a bit paranoid, why do you think that people want to know where you are? The Government know exactly where you are all the time unless you switch off your phone. Is someone after you? What did you do? 😂
Do you not think criminals watch these sort of forums for vans they’d like to steal? :rolleyes: If you or someone else constantly tells everyone where a particular van is it’s gonna go missing sooner or later. I don’t want that to be my van!
Motorhomes are regularly stolen to order so if they see one they want they’ll know exactly where it is!
So, I’ll go back to posting pictures AFTER I’ve left then. And just to annoy the wingers I’ll NOT put where it is! (y)

Jun 20, 2022
Chapel St Leonards, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato pvc self
Exp
Since 2017
Do you not think criminals watch these sort of forums for vans they’d like to steal? :rolleyes: If you or someone else constantly tells everyone where a particular van is it’s gonna go missing sooner or later. I don’t want that to be my van!
Motorhomes are regularly stolen to order so if they see one they want they’ll know exactly where it is!
So, I’ll go back to posting pictures AFTER I’ve left then. And just to annoy the wingers I’ll NOT put where it is! (y)
Well it won't be where it is but where it was!

OP
OP
Jane And Rog

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
A few years

I know you feel upset because most people on this thread do not see the dangers that you do. But I started this thread, and the whole point of it was to discover lovely places to stay, so there really isn’t any point posting an image without the location.

Also, even though you’re upset, I think that it is rude to insult those of us (many of us) who clearly find value in that, by calling us whingers - implying we have no valid point to make and are merely carping at you.

So please do post the location - what’s the harm, if you’ve left it? And if you think that bad people are tracking your location and predicting your next stop to steal your van, then I respectfully suggest that this is not the thread for you.

Jan 6, 2024
Cheshire, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Warwick XL MQ
Exp
Since 1986
I know you feel upset because most people on this thread do not see the dangers that you do. But I started this thread, and the whole point of it was to discover lovely places to stay, so there really isn’t any point posting an image without the location.

Also, even though you’re upset, I think that it is rude to insult those of us (many of us) who clearly find value in that, by calling us whingers - implying we have no valid point to make and are merely carping at you.

So please do post the location - what’s the harm, if you’ve left it? And if you think that bad people are tracking your location and predicting your next stop to steal your van, then I respectfully suggest that this is not the thread for you.

Nicely put.

Sep 7, 2017
Funster No

Well done for spelling whingers correctly :ROFLMAO: Hope the trip is going well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
know you feel upset because most people on this thread do not see the dangers that you do.
I really don’t care if others don’t see the danger of posting where they are / have been. If their vans get stolen / damaged etc that’s their problem not mine. The jump in insurance premiums is though. It doesn’t take a genius to plot the last few positions of ANY persons van stopovers and therefore easily predict where they’re likely to be in the next few days. More unlikely abroad yes, but I certainly don’t want my van targeted over here because I or someone else has posted where I am. If it’s a problem with me not saying where I am then fine, I’ll stop posting pictures. It really doesn’t bother me in the slightest. (y)
I certainly don’t think it’s rude to highlight the fact that I DONT want my location given away. Again, if others do then that’s fine.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
It’s gone!!😢
Exp
4 years….
I certainly don’t think it’s rude to highlight the fact that I DONT want my location given away. Again, if others do then that’s fine.
But when your away people can get your address from your number plate and break into your house😳😳I would be more concerned about that than someone possibly following me around ready to steal my van that bye the way would be near on impossible with the alarm and tracker on it🤔🤔🤔

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Let's get the thread back on track.

IMG_20240928_172011_copy_1638x1228.jpg

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
If it’s a problem with me not saying where I am then fine, I’ll stop posting pictures. It really doesn’t bother me in the slightest.
If you are genuinely concerned about giving away your location, as opposed to simply being obstructive to forum members who politely ask where the photo was taken, I'd suggest you do as you say and don't post photos at all.

Reason being - I've not been to any of your last three locations, but it took less than 30 seconds for each to confirm their locations using Google reverse image search. Just saying .......

Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
If you are genuinely concerned about giving away your location, as opposed to simply being obstructive to forum members who politely ask where the photo was taken, I'd suggest you do as you say and don't post photos at all.

Reason being - I've not been to any of your last three locations, but it took less than 30 seconds for each to confirm their locations using Google reverse image search. Just saying .......
Wow I’ve not heard of that, how does it work. Sounds very clever.

Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
But when your away people can get your address from your number plate and break into your house😳😳I would be more concerned about that than someone possibly following me around ready to steal my van that bye the way would be near on impossible with the alarm and tracker on it🤔🤔🤔
I agree, I try to avoid showing my number plate. I don’t always remember.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back