Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 25, 2022
Infinity and beyond
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo I 726
Exp
A very long time
Finally in a new van after many months of waiting and disappointments. Ended up in a new Burstner A class on a Fist chassis. That’s a story for another day. All is fantastic with exception to the piss poor washers. They only reach about a quarter of the way up the screen. Is this standard and what do other funsters do to get a clean screen?

Jul 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
I used these arm spray jets as the spray sits a little lower than the ones that come in conversion kit so miss the wiper blade

Amazon product ASIN B089GMFTZP
The conversion kit can be found by searching on the following
Wiper Arm/Blade Washer Jets (4way) Conversion Kit. From Scuttle/bonnet to Wiper arms

Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
Sorry unable to load the video that showed the results once fitted

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
Added as file also have a Burstner & agree with you the standard washers are s*it

Attachments

• IMG_0256.MOV
    5.9 MB
Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
Blue Moon yep very easy to do take the tube off the back of existing spray head use the inline non return valve (in the kit) to connect the original tube to new extension tube screw the new 3 way spray head onto the wiper arm loosely at first to find the correct location tighten when happy a couple of small tie wraps to hold the new tube in place. I think there were instructions in the kit as well. But no more than 30 mins.
Some people said it wouldn’t pass a mot with them but I asked the mot inspector he said it was a better option than the original & no issues.
So get the kit which comes with tubes, connectors & 2 washers but I found the water was hitting the wiper arms so bought the other washer jets as per first post

Upvote 0

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Stationary I adjust mine so they just miss the top of the windscreen, once I am moving the wind pressure makes them hit the screen ok, I just have to remember to adjust them down before the Mot.

Upvote 0
Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
Mine are mounted on the underside of the wiper arms, so the blade is always scraping up over a dry screen until it gets to the top of the sweep. Obviously set for a LHD configuration.

Upvote 0
Oct 27, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Frankia A Class
Exp
Since 2015
On our Frankia, based on a Sprinter 416, the jets are mounted on to the wiper arms and spray just in front of the blade. Works very well.

Upvote 0
Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Might be a bit late now, but I designed and 3D print a washer kit for A class vans based on Fiat chassis. I designed it for the Mobilvetta’s and Roller Team A class vans, but they should work on any Fiat based A class van. Pictures below If your interested.

PaulandChrissy.

IMG_5613.jpegIMG_5232.jpegIMG_4924.jpegIMG_4928.jpegIMG_5614.jpeg

Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I had a play with the jets on my A-class last weekend. They are pretty much on the same plane as the windscreen, not mounted a few cm forward like they would be on a panel van. So it's a gnats whisker of adjustment between the bottom of the screen and straight over the roof.

I'm interested if these wiper arm squirters work on the standard Fiat arms...

Upvote 0
Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
I had a play with the jets on my A-class last weekend. They are pretty much on the same plane as the windscreen, not mounted a few cm forward like they would be on a panel van. So it's a gnats whisker of adjustment between the bottom of the screen and straight over the roof.

I'm interested if these wiper arm squirters work on the standard Fiat arms...
will send you a PM

Upvote 0
Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
The Hymer ones are on the arm towards the centre, 4 jets,2 spayings each side of the wiper arm. They work well but you don't 'arf get through a lot of water.
I’ve only put 3nozzles on each blade to try and reduce water consumption. It still uses more, but at least you have better control over where it sprays. Fair play to Hymer who have at least made an effort to improve things. That’s more than can be said for a lot of Motorhome builders.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Blue Moon
Oct 25, 2022
Infinity and beyond
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo I 726
Exp
A very long time
Might be a bit late now, but I designed and 3D print a washer kit for A class vans based on Fiat chassis. I designed it for the Mobilvetta’s and Roller Team A class vans, but they should work on any Fiat based A class van. Pictures below If your interested.

PaulandChrissy.

View attachment 809485View attachment 809486View attachment 809487View attachment 809488View attachment 809493
Hi Paulandchrissy, I’m resurrecting this thread. I’m almost 12 months in now and after numerous attempts to get some form of normality with the washers I’ve given up, they are shite! Please can you PM details, cost etc of the kit you produce?
many thanks
Blue Moon

Upvote 0
Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Hi Paulandchrissy, I’m resurrecting this thread. I’m almost 12 months in now and after numerous attempts to get some form of normality with the washers I’ve given up, they are shite! Please can you PM details, cost etc of the kit you produce?
many thanks
Blue Moon
Will PM you now 👍

Upvote 0

Razamataz

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2018
Dunfermline, Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7400plus
Exp
Since March 2018
Upvote 0
Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
My kit is not just the two nozzles like you buy on Amazon or eBay. I’ve designed and made it with everything you need to fit it. Nozzles (which are adjustable), Bulkhead adapter boss’s to fit in the old original nozzle holes, Piping, Piping clips, and instructions. You don’t need to go off searching for extra bits and bobs to make it work. The pipes I use are EPDM which is fully UV resistant so they should last a long time. All the 3D printed parts are made from ASA which is also fully UV resistant. If anyone is interested in a kit, just PM me. We are however in Spain at the moment, but will be back on the 10th March.

Stay Safe PaulandChrissy

Upvote 0
Feb 26, 2020
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class
Exp
Since 2019
My kit is not just the two nozzles like you buy on Amazon or eBay. I’ve designed and made it with everything you need to fit it. Nozzles (which are adjustable), Bulkhead adapter boss’s to fit in the old original nozzle holes, Piping, Piping clips, and instructions. You don’t need to go off searching for extra bits and bobs to make it work. The pipes I use are EPDM which is fully UV resistant so they should last a long time. All the 3D printed parts are made from ASA which is also fully UV resistant. If anyone is interested in a kit, just PM me. We are however in Spain at the moment, but will be back on the 10th March.

Stay Safe PaulandChrissy
Hi guys, I am very interested in these for my Burstner A Class could you send me details please.

Kind regards Graham

Upvote 0
Jun 1, 2022
Portishead. Bristol
Funster No
MH
carthago C line 2018
Exp

Stay Safe PaulandChrissy
Hi just wondering how your weather is I am traveling down to the south coast got nearly Down to Granada and nearly all the way it has been cold wet and horrible. C j

Upvote 0
Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Hi just wondering how your weather is I am traveling down to the south coast got nearly Down to Granada and nearly all the way it has been cold wet and horrible. C j
It’s a bit windy lately, but it’s generally pretty sunny. Been getting the odd cloudy days. Comfortably warm on the coast. 19c at the moment 19.30pm. Keep to the SE coast. Inland is cold.
Enjoy PaulandChrissy

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back