Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
3+
Bloody hell.

I remember using the Corel equivalent to save stuff for reading later, Chaos Manor I think it was, as I had a copy of Word Perfect Office.

Wasn't sure this Adobe thingy was going to last!

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Bloody hell.

I remember using the Corel equivalent to save stuff for reading later, Chaos Manor I think it was, as I had a copy of Word Perfect Office.

Wasn't sure this Adobe thingy was going to last!
Chaos Manor? Byte Magazine Jerry Pournelle?

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Yep.

"90%of the time the problem is a cable."
That was my favourite magazine of all time. Brilliant. I always used to flip back to his article first before making a start at the front again.

Did you read his Sci Fi books? Mote in Gods eye and Mote around Murcheson's eye are in my top 5 favourites of all times. Crazy Eddie :D

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I used to be a Wordpefect user as well!

Get a bit cheesed off as Adobe regularly forces me to login before I can open a pdf. Didn't used to be like this!

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Get a bit cheesed off as Adobe regularly forces me to login before I can open a pdf. Didn't used to be like this!
There are alternative pdf readers. I stopped using anything Adobe back in 2001 or so.

When I was on windows I used to use either Foxit or Sumatra. I can't remember which was the last one I used as I left windows behind over a decade ago sorry.

PDF readers are built into Linux in a variety of ways. No need for Adobe thankfully. Terrible company to deal with.

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
3+
That was my favourite magazine of all time. Brilliant. I always used to flip back to his article first before making a start at the front again.

Did you read his Sci Fi books? Mote in Gods eye and Mote around Murcheson's eye are in my top 5 favourites of all times. Crazy Eddie :D
The best thing either of them wrote, as far as I am concerned.

One of the few novels I've read where I genuinely felt the peril that the protagonists were going through, especially when those brownies were trying to escape in the spacesuit 😱

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Possibly something in settings.
I have no problem on Windows. On my phone it sometimes asks for a login but that is just for tasks other than reading and can be cancelled.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back