2023 Adria Ducato electronic handbrake issues driving us crazy ! (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 9, 2023
Funster No
MH
twin
We have major problems trying to get our van on ramps to level it , it’s almost as though as soon as the van sees the ramps it applies it’s hand brake and refuses to move .
It’s strange I know but I’m wondering if there’s a fault with the system somewhere.
Anyone else come across this ?

Adria Compact auto 2023
Electronic handbrake.

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
I have the 640 SLB with auto box & electric handbrake. I had never owned any auto box vehicle before or electric brake on a Motorhome so had trepidations about getting onto the ramps.

I have found it a doddle really, easier than before. I cannot recall exactly what I do, sat here in my lounge 😜, but think I just got to the foot of the ramp, made sure the handbrake was off and accelerated slowly to climb the ramp. I then braked at the top and applied the handbrake manually. I seem to think the auto hold may have prevented run back but not sure on that point.

If I needed to come down a level I release the handbrake manually then ease off the footbrake then reapply the handbrake again.

I recall when I first got the van it was not like my fully electronic Skoda car. Yes the electric handbrake can be over ridden by applying the acceleration and it releases, with a bit of a clunk, but I’m sure the manual tells you to use it like a manual one, i.e. apply and release it with the switch. You don’t detail exactly what you are doing so I can’t offer any suggestions.

Nov 13, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30 years
If you are climbing the ramp and for whatever reason you apply the footbrake, this will bring on the hill start function, in other words apply the parking brake. Just wait for a couple of seconds and it will release automatically.

Geoff

OP
OP
T
Oct 9, 2023
Funster No
MH
twin
If you are climbing the ramp and for whatever reason you apply the footbrake, this will bring on the hill start function, in other words apply the parking brake. Just wait for a couple of seconds and it will release automatically.

Geoff
There’s definitely no application of the foot brake whilst trying to move up onto the ramps , the handbrake seems to just apply itself for no particular reason, if i turn it off at that point it comes back on immediately.

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
If you release the handbrake on tge flat and it comes on again by itself that does not seem to fit in with my experience

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Why, oh why, electronic handbrakes?

Vehicles have had manual handbrakes for 100+ years.

Is some whizz kid trying to re-invent the wheel?

Another thing to go wrong and expensive repair.

KISS

May 29, 2021
Kotka, Finland
Funster No
MH
Hymer Van
I remember reading - or was in on Youtube.. - that the handbrake can be set to work automatically. Haven't still played with all the menus so there may be a setting for that or I may remember wrong. But maybe worth a look?

I seldom notice the hill start assist applying the handbrake, but everytime it does I think of the winter that's coming. May be exiting to get going on those situations (the few when I've noticed the handbrake applied) when the front tries to pull with that low grip and the handbrake keeping the thing in place.

OP
OP
T
Oct 9, 2023
Funster No
MH
twin
remember reading - or was in on Youtube.. - that the handbrake can be set to work automatically. Haven't still played with all the menus so there may be a setting for that or I may remember wrong. But maybe worth a look?
Interesting, I’ll begrudgingly read the instruction book 🤣
If it can be turned off somehow it would definitely cure the issue.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back