2019 Escape 604 - lower bed (1 Viewer)

Mar 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Hi there,

I've just bought my first MH and am fluxomed by the lower bed.

The dealer that sold me it sent me a couple of photos demonstrating how to make up the bed but I can't get the table (with telescopic leg) to sit flush with the bench seats when retracted no matter in which direction I slide its top - and I'm pretty sure the dealer didn't achieve it in their demonstration.

Anyone happen to own this model and able to help or have any ideas where I might find the answer please? Have emailed Swift but am not holding my breath for a quick response.

Thank you!

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Anything in here that helps ?

OP
OP
L
Mar 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Thank you so much! I fear I have exactly the same issue šŸ˜ž

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I see you have responded to Matt on that thread, but he probably only came on the forum for that one issue. He has not been on again since March 2021.

OP
OP
L
Mar 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
Just looking
I see you have responded to Matt on that thread, but he probably only came on the forum for that one issue. He has not been on again since March 2021.
Yeah thank you was a longshot hadn't noticed he hadn't been back!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Our Pilote Reference 716 was/is alleged to be 6 berth with a rear 'French' bed, another double drop down bed over the seating/eating area and yet another double using the dining table dropped down blah blah. When we first enquired about buying one at the NEC show in October 2022, Bill Hayes himself (he being the very first importer of Pilotes to the UK and he really is an expert and knows them literally inside out) told us that in his opinion that bed was only suitable for children really. Maybe yours is similar to that?

OP
OP
L
Mar 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Thanks sedge. Yeah problem I think I've got is bed doesn't make up as it should- because table has been incorrectly installed

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Wonder if perhaps it is not the original table, not the same escape but we managed fine to set it up, could you put on a couple of photos? Our table was exact width of the gap between the seats and sat, with table leg folded on 2 wooden runners.

KD

Feb 8, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape
Thanks for posting that link with the pictures. Our 614 has the same, which we were shown how to do when we picked it up from the dealer, but to be honest have now forgotten (we only use the dropdown). I should have taken photos myself at the time...

To the OP - sorry that this doesn't help you, but those pictures do ring a bell. The specially trained handover person had terrible trouble both adding the table extension, and also fitting that small wooden crosspiece towards the rear of the van - had to ask colleagues for help. I don't remember the position of the table being a problem though.

OP
OP
L
Mar 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Wonder if perhaps it is not the original table, not the same escape but we managed fine to set it up, could you put on a couple of photos? Our table was exact width of the gap between the seats and sat, with table leg folded on 2 wooden runners.
could be that not the original table as you say and that's why didn't fit quite right. am planning on taking it to local swift dealer for their view.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
L
Mar 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Thanks for posting that link with the pictures. Our 614 has the same, which we were shown how to do when we picked it up from the dealer, but to be honest have now forgotten (we only use the dropdown). I should have taken photos myself at the time...

To the OP - sorry that this doesn't help you, but those pictures do ring a bell. The specially trained handover person had terrible trouble both adding the table extension, and also fitting that small wooden crosspiece towards the rear of the van - had to ask colleagues for help. I don't remember the position of the table being a problem though.
I can make it up all OK, the place that sold it to me gave me similar photos. it's the placement of the table top that's causing issues.

How long have you had your 614 out of interest and how are you getting on with it. I'm excited about taking ours away although need to sort some of the rattling. Not sure what's within the realms of the expected and what needs securing better e.g. think the shower cubicle screen isn't held back securely enough

KD

Feb 8, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape
How long have you had your 614 out of interest and how are you getting on with it. I'm excited about taking ours away although need to sort some of the rattling. Not sure what's within the realms of the expected and what needs securing better e.g. think the shower cubicle screen isn't held back securely enough
Had it a year and a bit, and apart from some odds and ends happy with it. Other than care with packing, wrapping the grill pan inner, and putting cloths under the cooker glass cover seems to deal with the worst of the rattles, although it is of course dependant on the types of road surfaces that you are driving on.

OP
OP
L
Mar 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
Just looking
That's my job before we leave tomorrow, pin down the main culprits. I assumed glass cover probably OK with rubber pads but might give that some attention. Suspect my bathroom door is rattling and the shower screen as I said. Had already identified grill pan!

Pleased to hear you're happy with it, enjoy your Easter!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back