2002 Peugeot Boxer 1.9td Pioneer gearbox (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Nashychap

Free Member
Aug 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Pioneer
Struggling to get 5th gear (notchy) originally then couldn't get 1st unless completely stopped. Decided to join this forum and then took out the gearbox oil. 38,000 miles, never had the oil changed before, 22 years old and this is what I found šŸ˜³ Approximately 2.0 litres of water and a little bit of oil. Decided to flush with normal engine oil (cheaper than gearbox oil šŸ˜‰). Drove 20 miles and drained it out. Looked like latte coffee. Refilled with fresh engine oil, drove another 10 miles, drained & oil was clean. Finally filled with gearbox oil. 5th gear will 'grab' or slightly notchy if I change too quickly. 1st gear engages up to 2-3 mph so slightly better. I'll drive for a few more miles as 'Mavis's' gearbox is 'driveable.

I've fitted the scuttle drain tube & tested it. It pours water straight to the floor. I've removed all the plastic scuttle panels and used black gutter silicone sealer and water drains well away from the gearbox so hopefully no more water in the gearbox. In the winter I'll take the gearbox out, replace the 1st and 5th syncro rings, replace the clutch & drive off into the sunset once again. I hope I didn't bore you too much with my first post šŸ„°

IMG_20240809_092619.jpg

IMG_20240809_092243.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back