20" folding electric bike £245 new at Argos (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
I would be very concerned about the safety of the battery and charger at that price Steve. 👎
I wouldn't, if it comes with a matched charger and battery, Argos are a reputable company with a reputation to upkeep too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I would be very concerned about the safety of the battery and charger at that price Steve. 👎
Not filled with confidence when the opening description lists this, but may well be the same for all leccy bikes 🤷🏼‍♂️

About this product​

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CHARGING: ENSURE YOUR VEHICLE IS COOL BEFORE CHARGING AND USE THE MANUFACTURER'S CHARGER ONLY. UNPLUG THE CHARGER WHEN IT HAS FINISHED CHARGING. DO NOT STORE OR CHARGE THE VEHICLE IN A POSITION WHERE IT IS BLOCKING AN ESCAPE ROUTE, IF POSSIBLE IT SHOULD BE STORED IN A SHED OR GARAGE. NEVER LEAVE THE BATTERY CHARGING UNATTENDED OR WHEN OUT OR ASLEEP.

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Not filled with confidence when the opening description lists this, but may well be the same for all leccy bikes 🤷🏼‍♂️

About this product​

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CHARGING: ENSURE YOUR VEHICLE IS COOL BEFORE CHARGING AND USE THE MANUFACTURER'S CHARGER ONLY. UNPLUG THE CHARGER WHEN IT HAS FINISHED CHARGING. DO NOT STORE OR CHARGE THE VEHICLE IN A POSITION WHERE IT IS BLOCKING AN ESCAPE ROUTE, IF POSSIBLE IT SHOULD BE STORED IN A SHED OR GARAGE. NEVER LEAVE THE BATTERY CHARGING UNATTENDED OR WHEN OUT OR ASLEEP.
Standard warning they now put with all the e bikes they sell. 👍

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
I think that one will show out of stock, it does for several postcodes i have tried.

We have one of the few Argos clearance centres near to us, I have been today and they have refurb models that are at higher prices than those listed above.
You can get it delivered for £7.

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Mine arrived this morning. 15 mins to unpack and put together. Seems very good for the price. Only been a few hundred yards up the road and back, but all seems to work OK.
Any one know what's the light button on the controller do.

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
Mine arrived this morning. 15 mins to unpack and put together. Seems very good for the price. Only been a few hundred yards up the road and back, but all seems to work OK.
Any one know what's the light button on the controller do.
Ours arrived on Tuesday and also easy to get setup. Mrs DW has done a few miles and is very happy with it. Maybe older stock as the charger box check sheet is marked as 09/22 but battery was about 25 to 50% charged when unpacked but charged in about 3 hours to full.
The button if held on operates the walk mode but have no idea why it’s labelled as a light switch

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
A single wheel of a decent touring bike will cost you more than this electric bike.

So I think you get what you pay for.

When this Electric bike stops working, or your get to over 1,000 miles (whichever comes first), I'd not take it to your local bike repair workshop, I'd just dump it into the recycle bin and buy another.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
A single wheel of a decent touring bike will cost you more than this electric bike.
Looking at a small E- Bike to replace the boss's a small frame but with 24" wheel, it would be the perfect size with 26" wheel but likely to cost £500 a wheel.
When this Electric bike stops working, or your get to over 1,000 miles (whichever comes first), I'd not take it to your local bike repair workshop, I'd just dump it into the recycle bin and buy another.
I did over 200 miles in the first two weeks on my new bike.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Spelalized 710 watt
Wow this suggested that they were £1k

And the near equivalent Bosch

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun