Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 25, 2022
Infinity and beyond
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo I 726
Exp
A very long time
I’m curious, I’ve never been a member of any vehicle related owners clubs. Are any funsters members of any owners clubs and are they of benefit over and above what we learn on MH Fun?

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
I was briefly a member of two owners clubs, one removed anything negative and was no use for getting help with a problem because they refused to admit to any. I suspect they were sponsored by the manufacturer and run by sycophants. You are far better with motorhome fun where you will get meaningful help with issues.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Always good for entertainment but that's about it. Most of the members think the brand they've bought is super duper and faultless especiallythe members you see with jackets and baseball caps with the brand logo on. I was a member of several vw groups in the 90's and 2000's , I briefly joined The hymer owners group but quickly discovered it is run by a clown who gets backhanders from the traders they recommend etc so getting impartial info is often difficult. ..and anything you post that slates the brand gets deleted.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I was briefly a member of two owners clubs, one removed anything negative and was no use for getting help with a problem because they refused to admit to any. I suspect they were sponsored by the manufacturer and run by sycophants. You are far better with motorhome fun where you will get meaningful help with issues.
I agree I’m pretty sure I know who the group is and I was just kicked out without any explanation I suspect it was because I passed really useful info onto MHF regarding a not fit for purpose headlight harness.
STICK WITH MHF👍😊

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I agree I’m pretty sure I know who the group is and I was just kicked out without any explanation I suspect it was because I passed really useful info onto MHF regarding a not fit for purpose headlight harness.
STICK WITH MHF👍😊
I'm willing to bet that was HOG 🤣

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Oh yes 10/10 😂😂😂 if you cross them you are out not that I’ve felt the need to go back👍
Yep I was kicked off because on a tyre thread I stated that camper tyres were not necessary. Van tyres were OK.. but Paul gets a wee backhander from a member on there who sells tyres .

I'd previously got a warning because I told folk the reich water pump was cheaper on ebay than it was with the hymer owners group discount from leisureshop direct 🤣🤣

His sidekick ....I think she's called hilary or something is just as bad

Upvote 0
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I am co-moderator for the WildAx Owners Group started in 2011. The regular meets and forum are valuable to the members for specific problems, and they don't have to be on Facebook.

Upvote 0
Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
Fiat forum

Upvote 0

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
I've been a member of the MG OC, the Volvo OC and the Buccaneer OC. All, in their day, were of benefit because of the information and help you could get. However, with information and help freely available on the internet now, I think the main attraction of OCs now is just the feeling of belonging and, perhaps, discounts of purchases etc. :)

Upvote 0
May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
Been a member of the Elddis group on FB for a while now but have to admit nearly all my best advice has come from here. (grovel, grovel).

Upvote 0
Sep 9, 2019
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 632
Exp
Since Sept 2019
We’re in the Rapido owners club on FB, I find it better for specific info as there are loads of members with the same model of the same age.
Same for MX5 owners club. An invaluable resource and a great bunch of friendly people, just like Funsters.

Reactions: M-J
Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
Benimar 202
Member of the Benimar FB Group - have to say it’s excellent with great technical information - super friendly.

Also belong to the Austin Healey Sprite FB - similarly excellent.

Upvote 0

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
Was a member of both AutoSleeper Owners Club and the Autosleeper forum which are two separate things even though owners club stuff is on the forum, when we had an Autosleeper. Was quite useful for specific AS stuff

Upvote 0
Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
I'm willing to bet that was HOG 🤣
That said, I found the HOG's a useful group, certainly when we were newbies right at the beginning of the pandemic and had no one to ask how things worked.

As there are hundreds of people out there with identical vehicles, it useful when someone can tell you exactly what has gone wrong and exactly how to fix it.
We had issues with blocked pipes, lights that did not work, a tank that would not drain, a failed water pump.
All simple things to fix once you know where to look, or what you are looking for.

It seems silly now, but the failed water pump took ages to diagnose as first we had to find the pump.
The 'logical' place under the sink was empty, but we only found that having dismantled the draws.
It also was not under the floor as we found having got under the bed.

Who would think to look inside a tank of water for an electrical item ?
Having wasted a day pulling things apart I found HOG's to be very helpful on that particular subject.

(I've also learnt a lot about Motorhome construction in the intervening 4 years.)

Upvote 0

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
We joined the Carthargo group some useful information on there and some nice people and some that just post photographs look what I ate in bla bla bla 🙂
We too are in the Carthago club, don’t know why I’m not even on Facebook which is their main platform🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🙄

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
That said, I found the HOG's a useful group, certainly when we were newbies right at the beginning of the pandemic and had no one to ask how things worked.

As there are hundreds of people out there with identical vehicles, it useful when someone can tell you exactly what has gone wrong and exactly how to fix it.
We had issues with blocked pipes, lights that did not work, a tank that would not drain, a failed water pump.
All simple things to fix once you know where to look, or what you are looking for.

It seems silly now, but the failed water pump took ages to diagnose as first we had to find the pump.
The 'logical' place under the sink was empty, but we only found that having dismantled the draws.
It also was not under the floor as we found having got under the bed.

Having wasted a day pulling things apart I found HOG's to be very helpful on that particular subject.

(I've also learnt a lot about Motorhome construction in the intervening 4 years.)
Yes the hymer is one of the few that still use submersible pumps. Their wiring colours are back to front too.

But loads of hymer owners on here who aren't up themselves like many on there .

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

Did your owner's manual not tell you?

Upvote 0

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
If you note my avatar I run the Auto Trail F Line Owners Group which is private on Facebook.

Everything is discussed about the marque, warts & all, their strengths, weaknesses, what AT could do better etc. It was set up just under 3 years ago.

First and foremost we are a support group, no question is stupid, no answer is sarcastic. We offer advice on warranty work, accessories mods/hacks etc. We also have member discounts available for such things as extended warranties & fitted accessories such as air con, air suspension, sun canopy's etc.

We hold 5 rally events per year keeping numbers down to around 25 or 30... as the micro craft brewery we take won't stretch further, we can carry around 150 litres! We don't do rally fields, the sites are more than happy to section off a part of their site for our exclusive use.

We usually charge around £110 - £130 for a weekend or 4 days, this will include a fully serviced pitch a small hog roast on the Friday evening an Al Fresco brunch on the Saturday, American style buffet on the Sunday plus the craft ales, wine, gin etc. For the booze everyone is encouraged to slip something into the charity pot. Pets are also welcome and free.

We have our own first aiders, marshals & fire marshals etc. We don't do secretaries, chairpersons or any of that power hungry nonesense nor do we do advertisers etc. We have 5 Admins each with an equal voice.

We have a chosen charity, the RNLI, at our last rally we raised £667.80. We currently have 888 members & are the only other AT group which has permission to reproduce their logo's. The offical ATOC Club has less than 370 members on their Facebook page.

So far this year we've been at Hanworth & Rudding Park & will soon be at Whitemead then Foxtails in Chirk with a NY bash in the lake district.

Currently I'm working on 2025 with the Spring event already sold out.

The only thing we give out are a screen & event sticker plus a lanyard for a name tag.

Upvote 0

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I signed up on FaceBook to the Classic Hymer Group... I posted a couple of times but wasn't really very active.

However, when I posted that I had to sell the van (1987 Hymer 660S) I received many, many enquiries and the first person to come and see it bought it.

So I reckon it was well worth being a member of the group for me.

JJ :cool:

Upvote 0

brocola

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2020
West Midlands, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Since 2020
Since we switched vans a few months ago, I've found the Carthago Owners UK Facebook group really help to understand the nuances of Carthagos, particularly how others have approached mods.

Often the info 'over there' is more specific to our model than MHF, however the quality of commentary here usually feels a little more trustworthy or more accurately based on facts/evidence.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back