Adams Morey ……. Southampton vs Portsmouth? (1 Viewer)

Apr 9, 2024
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Just about to buy an Adria, it has a full service history with the next service due in September.

Question no1. Is it okay to bring the service forward to May? We are planning a trip to the Italian Lakes in June and thought it a good
Idea to have it serviced before we go.

Question no 2. The MH is a Comfortmatic and I have read so many good things about Adams Morey in Portsmouth but nothing about the Southampton branch….. are they as good, any feedback? Reason I ask I live about a mile from the Southampton branch.

Many thanks

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
Had mine done at Portsmouth excellent service had the 4 year service including the comformatic fluid change and brought the cambelt forward from 5 to 4 years as hopefully will be in Portugal when its due.

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
I live a mile or so from the Soton branch. Never heard anything bad about them. The local Post Office get their van servicing there. The yard always seems busy with lorries and the odd motorhome now and then.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
:welco:

Portsmouth branch are the experts on Comformatic so best to go there.

If you become a paid up member of Fun you can access a discount code that gives a 10% discount for service and parts at AM Portsmouth & Southampton.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Question no1. Is it okay to bring the service forward to May? We are planning a trip to the Italian Lakes in June and thought it a good
Idea to have it serviced before we go.
If you are still negotiating a price, I bet they'll chuck in the service to get the sale :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Good thing about AM in Portsmouth is they don’t mix the lorries and motorhomes, motorhomes have their own section for parking.
Had a lot of damage done years ago to one of my lorries that was at AM having some work done.
Would never put my van in a lorry garage!!

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Yes at Portsmouth the servicing is separate, but bodyshop is surrounded and combined with lorries. Twas and interesting juggling act retrieving my PVC from the great repair done a couple of months ago.

I belive the service manager for motorhome stuff at Portsmouth is now a group manager which includes Southampton. The overall standards, and knowledge for troubleshooting should be similar.

May 11, 2021
Funster No
MH
Laika 709 A Class
Last week, 17/18 April, had my Laika Ecovip booked in at Adams Morey, Portsmouth. They took a day and a half for a cambelt change, which included tensioner and auxiliary drive belts and a full service. The service included engine oil change, new fuel, pollen and air filters and bi-annual brake fluid change. They also did the comfortmatic robotised clutch fluid change with clutch point relearn (?) and further maintenance checks all done with genuine Fiat parts. I have to say they were absolutely excellent, particularly Jo who dealt my initial contact requests and Simon the Van Department Manager. I have to say I have no affiliation with AM and this was my first visit to them, however I will not hesitate to return.

Mar 7, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hobby Optima T70 HQ
:welco:

Portsmouth branch are the experts on Comformatic so best to go there.

If you become a paid up member of Fun you can access a discount code that gives a 10% discount for service and parts at AM Portsmouth & Southampton.
How do you access the code Lenny? Thinking of having my Comformatic done in July.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
My motorhome has been worked on twice by the Southampton branch. Second time was because they didn't do the repair to the comfortmatic right the first time and Bournemouth branch sent it back to them without asking me first. At least the transporting and repair was under warranty

OP
OP
R
Apr 9, 2024
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Thanks all.
The MH is now booked into Portsmouth later in May to have the Comfortmatic fluids done and clutch bite point re-learnt . Just booking it in and the knowledge shown by the person I spoke to fills me with confidence. Will see how we get on……..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back