England, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
Hi all
Had a little look round 3 dealers and some Moho's
First off there where plenty in my budget and more well above. But here goes.
Are Burster and Mobivetta good makes
2 Van's stood out we both liked the Burster but the Mobivetta we loved. The lay out of both was nice but the second had more room. One big problem with the second and it is a big problem the price well over budget. Maybe we could find a preloved one!
There is loads more I want to ask but want to keep my posts simple. This is for my benefit

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
I have a Burstner and am very happy with it. Take a look at as many makes and models as you can. Layout is important, walk around inside, sit at the table, stand in the shower etc etc all as if you were away in it. Will the motorhome fit where your going to keep it, do have the right license, service history, damp check. So many things to consider. But when you do get one. Happy travels. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
I recently spoke to a salesman who used to work for Marquis selling amongst others Mobilvetta, he told me Mobilvetta were poor quality.

Upvote 0

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Check out the Dealer thoroughly before you make your choice.

Upvote 0

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Have you downloaded Jim's e-book for buying a Moho? It's free to members.
Best advice I had was imagine it is pouring with rain and you have to spend 24 hours straight in your van. Is it suitable for that ? Glad I took the advice I did an unplanned 9 month full time stint ( followed by a year as I loved it so much)
Check everywhere for damp ( one I looked at had black mould where I removed cushions) Check inside cupboards too.
You'll find the right Moho for you. Take a bit of time searching and trying out as its a big investment.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Innkeeper
Apr 26, 2018
England, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
Downloaded and read the book you mention
We are getting on so have the right license.
I know I said was going to try and keep each post to one question. But can you get a full oven retro fitted to a Moho?
Oh and thanks for getting back to me.

Upvote 0

Eddie H

Free Member
Jul 18, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A class
I have a Mobilvetta K yatch and love it.

Had it a year. 40+ nights away and over 3000 miles.

A couple of niggles but nothing that hasn’t been sorted.

Looked at Bürstner as well, would have had one but prefer the saving I got on the Mobilvetta.

Also in my opinion the Mobilvetta is a good looking van.

Went for the 4400kg chassis and comfortmatic gear box. Very pleased.

Upvote 0

Rolyan

Free Member
Jan 15, 2018
Funster No
Downloaded and read the book you mention
We are getting on so have the right license.
I know I said was going to try and keep each post to one question. But can you get a full oven retro fitted to a Moho?
Oh and thanks for getting back to me.
You probably can. But why not just buy one with the oven you want in the first place. Mine has 4 rings, a separate grill and a full oven. Plus microwave.

Upvote 0

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
I recently spoke to a salesman who used to work for Marquis selling amongst others Mobilvetta, he told me Mobilvetta were poor quality.

In Spain recently and opposite us was a Mobilvetta bought from the same dealer and same time as us (around Christmas 2018). They were distinctly unhappy with the quality.

Upvote 0
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
One big problem with the second and it is a big problem the price well over budget. Maybe we could find a preloved one!
Don't be in a hurry.
Adequate payload is important.
Few continental m/h's have ovens on the basis that in fine weather folk eat salads, use a BBQ or a separate free-standing 'oven'.
Mine has an oven but I rarely use it and just for warming up pies. Having a full Sunday roast is fine if you don't mind all the subsequent washing up. Yuk!
I'd never buy new. Let someone else suffer the (considerable) depreciation and sort out the (inevitable) faults.
If you buy from a dealer use one within reasonable distance from home for return trips to sort out defects.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back