Cycling Strava Group for Motorhome riders. (1 Viewer)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Following on from @scotjimland share Strava ride and with his agreement I have opened up a club for Motorhomers to share their cycling on.

This could be really useful as many of us will ride from sites when away for the weekend so it will hopefully over time allow for some nice routes with pictures to be kept for use at later times.

Probably the worst time to start as despite being a massive keen cyclist, I rarely ride when the need for gloves is required.

Please join strava, it's free and can be a lot of fun for tracking your rides. YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE COMPETITIVE @Armytwowheels it can be fun too.

if you are not yet a member of Strava, simply sign up it costs you nothing. You can then sign in to the following group
www.strava.com/clubs/478337

If you are a member of the group, each time you get the wheels out, the route will be posted. I am particularly looking for some mountain bike routes, not done much in the way of MB but hoping I might do a bit this winter.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Competitive me? Never! Colin on the other hand is ridiculously competitive.:rofl:

Great idea though, we will be joining in. We have not cycled much at all since being back in Blighty, but we will be back on the road soon and cycling more or less wherever we stop.

@Jenben @jumar @jumartoo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Good idea.(y)

Irrespective of the weather, I always ride with gloves on and consider them as important as a helmet. :gum:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
@SuperMike I do as well of course, it was meant as a phrase. Especially when hitting 40+ MPH, it gets scary!!!. please feel free to tag other(s) that you know cycle.

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Im in, been off cycling for a while, due to one thing or another but its time to get my butt back into the saddle me thinks...dont do anything like you folks probably do mind you!!

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Great idea, and thanks for the invite @scotjimland. I'm not in anyway competitive at it, just enjoy being out and about. Being motorhomers it's also good to be able to share routes during our travels. It's been a lovely Autumn past week to be out there getting some exercise and fresh air; looks nice again today so probably be out later.

Sportsnapper

Free Member
Sep 3, 2016
Reading
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
Since 2004
Hey I'm in! Now you have to separate the proper rides from the spin classes!

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
OK joined.

Not sure many of my local routes will be that helpful to you all but you never know. I checked out my KOM position yesterday as I felt good on a climb, moved up the board quite well then checked out how much faster the best guys are, i stopped looking when i realised that in 3rd place was Tom Dumoulin (Daryl Impey was first).

But i will check out your UK rides when i'm back over visiting the folks, always in the van and always with the bikes on the back:)

Will probably look out for some Macclesfield, Buxton routes as it's near my family there.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Any Zwifters out there, fancy a MHF Zwift ride ?

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Well John is on Strava with his golf mates, I never ride in the uk, just don't feel safe and I do so miss it. Too many I know have been knocked off their bikes, despite lights, hi viz etc.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Just Joined, will apologise now for the repetitive commute rides, but i do throw some nice cheshire rides in occasionally :D

Jealous you can bike commute, that's great ! Too slippy here at the moment for 2 wheels, even with 4 it can be a bit challenging....

So cycling in the utility room at present(y)

Jul 22, 2013
Altrincham
Funster No
MH
Chausson 718xlb
Exp
I was a newbie
Jealous you can bike commute, that's great ! Too slippy here at the moment for 2 wheels, even with 4 it can be a bit challenging....

So cycling in the utility room at present(y)

Ahh but you have the views! and i dodge maniac drivers :(:eek:

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
what about something for the ebikers that are not into Lycra. Plenty of Motorhome cyclists with ebikes - we are one of them.

Oct 24, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
a class I think
Exp
10 months
Already in Strava but it tends to get quite competative . I just ride when I want to and where it will be who knows. Go shopping when over the channel. Holland a terrific place to ride.

munkey_bwy

Free Member
May 17, 2018
Holbeach
Funster No
MH
Rapid 690 low profile
Exp
Since 2007
After a slow start to the year i've got my first few good rides in and also found an almost traffic free route to work that involves some nice farm roads.

My first race is in June as part of a 4 man team for the retrobike website at the 24hr mountain mayhem event. i'm probably going to take part in the shoulham enduro in September and Viking challenge in October and if i get the chance the Holbeach St john charity ride and another retro bike social ride called gates gates gates around the Cambridgeshire fens. This year is going to be a bit quiet as i will be getting married at the end of August.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back