Lithium Scooters (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
Do any Funsters have disability scooters powered with Lithium batteries? What sort of range do they have and are they capable of 10 miles plus in distance and off road capability? I'm not asking much, am I?

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I have two folding Autogo Prestige mobility scooters for sale in the For Sale department. They originally had lithium batteries, but I had them converted to gell batteries and gell chargers. The reason for thjis was, the replacement lithiums were an arm and a leg to replace. Whereas gells are a few pounds. They are here in the for sale department.
https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/folding-mobility-scooters.176753/

petrocspals

Free Member
May 23, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
4 years
I bought one earlier this year as the overall weight,storage and handling of the Pride go go was proving difficult. The lithium battery has dealt with both problems. Charges well and holds its charge whilst out and about. The Li Tec has those springy things so it is a comfortable ride.
My husband used it in France (cobbles),Barmouth and Dorset . He did trips of about 4 miles easily. It went well in the rain.He weighs about 12st.We also loaded it up with shopping.We are really pleased with it.
He has not driven it off the harbour wall yet so I cannot , yet, give you Any advice about its submarine qualities but it was ok in the rain. If you are near me you are most welcome to come a nd try it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

petrocspals

Free Member
May 23, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
4 years
Sorry Foxy just realised I had not mentioned the next upgrade from ours does about 9 miles.My husband fatigues so I did not need the range. The break down & reassemble is so easy.

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
We bought a folding mobility scooter for the FIL when he moved into sheltered housing. It has a conventional lead acid battery but comes apart to go in the car. The battery comes off (it can be taken inside therefore to be charged), the seat is removed, and the rear wheels and motor assembly comes off, and the handlebars fold down. It is not difficult to lift each part into the boot then. It has a range of 10 miles and cost under £500.

FIL spat his dummy out over it and refused to use it, it wasn't as fast as his old big one! This was deliberate as he is nearly blind and was a danger to himself and others. Instead my OH has started using it as she has mobility problems. We used it in France last year, and more recently for a couple of full days at the NEC. The only drawback with this one is the solid wheels. With hindsight pneumatic wheels would have been better for her on rough surfaces. So far range has not been a problem.

Not sure what would be gained by having a lithium battery except a small weight saving and a large extra cost.

Viv Danks

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 19, 2017
Portskewett
Funster No
MH
Escape 684 & T6.1
Exp
Campervan since 2015 onwards - MH 2017-21
I bought my wife an e-foldi at the Motorhome show. Supper lightweight and she finds it comfortable (pneumatic tyres and some seafood suspension). It comes Aith a lithium battery and has a reasonable range. As to off road - that is a bit subjective - will do tracks and oaths but not where a Tramper would go. Tramper gas a lithium option but you would been to tow that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back