LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I always used to go on Saturdays for couscous. They had a Moroccan lady come in just on Saturdays to cook it. Fridays is the best fish and chips in Benidorm at Friends bar right across the road.

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Raco

we're on Raco at the moment and we're going down to the Yorkshire Pride for our Friday night fish and chips and this will be our first time this year but they are usually excellent.
Alan:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
expensive site no acsi

Expensive for short stay but 14.85 per day 30 days ,I stay for minimum 90 days and it's 14 .45 euros I,ve been using Raco now for 11 years and its the best site that we've found with pets
Alan

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Just goes to show you learn something every day. I was always under the impression none of the Benidorm sites give ACSI discounts for long termers. Which Benidorm sites give ACSI discount in winter for long term ?.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
i dont do long term so the discount im talking about is for a week or maybe 2 each to their own but i couldnt stay in 1 place for 2 long

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Accsi

Just goes to show you learn something every day. I was always under the impression none of the Benidorm sites give ACSI discounts for long termers. Which Benidorm sites give ACSI discount in winter for long term ?.

I only know of Armanello that do Accsi and i tried it once as I was passing through and hated it,even the dogs didn't like walking up the lane after dark.Most sites in Beni are reasonably priced as long as you do the 30 days. I hav'nt had a walk around La Torretta yet as most of the people i know that go on there hav'nt arrived yet, but they seem to be putting a lot of effort in to improving the site, they had fancy dress for Halloweeen and all the campers received a small gift.
i was also talking to a lifer on there and he said its very busy on there for this early in the season
Alan

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I only know of Armanello that do Accsi and i tried it once as I was passing through and hated it,even the dogs didn't like walking up the lane after dark.Most sites in Beni are reasonably priced as long as you do the 30 days. I hav'nt had a walk around La Torretta yet as most of the people i know that go on there hav'nt arrived yet, but they seem to be putting a lot of effort in to improving the site, they had fancy dress for Halloweeen and all the campers received a small gift.
i was also talking to a lifer on there and he said its very busy on there for this early in the season
Alan

That "Lifer" would probably be Jack. The bar was being refurbished last year and I had a phone call from a Swedish friend last week to say the meals are good. The price this year is 450 Euros for 30 days including electric and English TV. Wifi was around 10 Euros per month last year but dont know this years price. I agree with you re Armanello, its the pits. I overwintered on Torretta for 10 years on the carpark above the bar but they have now stopped parking on there. I always preferred Torretta to the other sites as I know most of the people on there and its closest to the Rincon. The pitches were big enough to get my RV on and no silly hedges dividing pitches. Juan who was the head boy there for several years has retired and a Belgian named Mike has taken his job. A new broom sweeps clean. I know that campsites in Benidorm are not cheap, but where else in Spain can you get a full English for 2-30, a pint of beer for 1-00, a 4 course meal with wine for 10-00, a Chinese buffet all you can eat for 8-00, a coffee and brandy for 1-50 ::bigsmile:. Bring it on baby :thumb:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
Armanello me and pete stayed there in early part of july for a few days and found it good
i would imagine that lane in winter would be a bit eerie and in winter it is a bit like cardboard city but they have now built a new reception area and a large bar and restaurant so might be good also they are acsi in the summer up to 8th july which ia a bonus :roflmto:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
la torrento is 16.50 inc 4kw leci for 15 days or more thats not bad

Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
Raco Benidorm

Anyone on Raco at the moment, just wondering how busy the site is. Thinking of coming down in a couple of weeks for a two weeks, is there plenty of choice for pitches.

Oct 1, 2014
Funster No
Does anyone have a campsite pitch location map for El Raco, was hoping to find pitch close to entrance because am unable to walk very far, so would need to use the bus ..any one recommend any particular pitch?....Thanks

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
im on raco been here a while it is starting to get busy with spanish coming i will take a walk soon and see if i can get you a map or at least some pitch numbers hope u have aircon or large fans its blooming hot lol

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
im on raco been here a while it is starting to get busy with spanish coming i will take a walk soon and see if i can get you a map or at least some pitch numbers hope u have aircon or large fans its blooming hot lol

you could try taking a picture of map with your phone Bill ( get it!:)) and attaching it on here? might work....

probably getting way to hot for the likes of me now.....

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
try to get pitches 41,44,45 up the top and neatr the toilet blocks but the site is starting to fill with spanish

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
october so no rush then lol

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Villa Sol don't officially "do" ACSI, but they matched the €18 ACSI rate when we stayed there for a couple of weeks in April.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Becoming such a popular town year round if you want a particular site and pitch best to book in advance to avoid disapointment I fink....

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
WE did El Raco a few years ago but now we do Arena Blanca (almost across the road)
long stay works out at around £10 a night 16amp electric is 0€.45c/KW satellite TV and WiFi is Free unlike El Raco

We were not impressed by El Raco's restaurant though it does seem to have improved this year we prefer
the Pepperpot/Arena Blanca/Corner Cafe for Breakfast
Sharky's for fish and Chips
Mandarin Wok for Chinese

BTW going back to Arena Blanca next year booked 40 nights Aug/Sept /Oct

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
WE did El Raco a few years ago but now we do Arena Blanca (almost across the road)
long stay works out at around £10 a night 16amp electric is 0€.45c/KW satellite TV and WiFi is Free unlike El Raco

We were not impressed by El Raco's restaurant though it does seem to have improved this year we prefer
the Pepperpot/Arena Blanca/Corner Cafe for Breakfast
Sharky's for fish and Chips
Mandarin Wok for Chinese

BTW going back to Arena Blanca next year booked 40 nights Aug/Sept /Oct

Colmars for Sunday lunch,,,Was not impressed with Arena Blanca when i was there early July,,,much prefer Almafra,,just shows we all have different ideals,,,BUSBY:):)

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Colmars for Sunday lunch,,,Was not impressed with Arena Blanca when i was there early July,,,much prefer Almafra,,just shows we all have different ideals,,,BUSBY:):)

For us Almafra is too big to busy and too far away from the beach

We chose Arena Blanca over El Raco for
Cost
Free WiFi and better speed
smaller size
and over La Toretta because we felt it was more secure

Plus the owner of Arena Blanca is on site every day and take great pride in helping everyone

being on a mobility scooter I needed to be as close as I could get the beach / town so that I knew I could get back to the site after a day out

Sep 5, 2008
York
Funster No
MH
C Class Bessacarr 769
Exp
Since July 2010
Sorry missed your post. No we're not on the rally. We leave on Sunday.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back