Day 3

Well that was a night to remember. We avoided the thunder ⛈️ and lightning but didn't escape the high winds and torrential rain. At least Molly stayed watertight. We think.

The alarm was set for 8am again but this morning Reggie was up earlier.

Breakfast done and dusted and all the hookup jobs undone, we used the motorhome service point. Water in. Water out etc.

Almost the same as yesterday we were on the road at 9.46am. Out of the village and onto the N7. A little trickery saw us take the toll A71, DOH! A fuel stop for diesel at €1.609, the cheapest we have seen so far, and the whizzing past Clermont-Ferrand towards Millau. The only toll on this leg should have been the €16 for the Viaduct.

Next stop at the services at Veyre on the A75. Lunch and a walk for Reggie.

Opposite on a hill side is a village with a tall white statue above it - La Vierge de Monton.

DSC_3303.JPG

We had another stop by the Garabit Viaduct. Photos taken. Coffee bought from machine. Then off again.

DSC_3312.JPG

Millau Viaduct. I had planned to go to the aire to walk up to the viewpoint. Of course, plans thwarted as they are working and southbound traffic contraflows onto the northbound carriageway. If I had known then I would have saved the €16 and gone through the town. Annoying!!!

We arrived here at the camping-car park aire at around 1630. Hooked up etc. It's right on the side of the road to and from the A75. A little noisy but we'll see what tonight brings.

We have walked in La Cavalerie and there wasn't much open. They do have a magnificent Templar Hall in the centre.

DSC_3315.JPG

Reggie stayed in the van with his dinner.

So what next? Dinner we bought earlier and then read again. There's no WiFi here. It was poor last night. At least there's low signal 5G.

DSC_3314.JPG

Tomorrow? Narbonne for dog food and
then St Cyprien.
Reactions: Jaws

Comments

Having been over and under it I reckon the views below are WAY better than those from 'up there'

Rhino Installs
Select,
“AS
“Falcon
“Funster

Journal entry information

Author
InvictaMoto
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments