Day 2

What a night. Not too bad but it rained a few times. Not the biblical downpour that Noah anticipated and BBC Weather said would happen, but still enough to deter even the most ardent Peter Stormer from spending too long out in it.

Today's route as chosen by TomTom was terrible. The N104/A104 is as bad as the M25. Our run from Formerie to the old N1 near Beauvais wasn't too bad. After that. Traffic. 🤬🤬🤬🤬

We managed a stop near Fontainebleau for a quick snack. The rain heavy at times. The overheads on the motorway advising of heavy rain.

We decided that both Chatillon and Beaulieu sur Loire were not far enough to the south to maybe avoid the exhausted hurricane's rain.

So a quick rethink. Max was setup for the CCP "camping mon village" at Saint Pierre le Moutiers. To speed things up I took off "no tolls" and we ended up on the A6 and A77. The A77 seems to have sections of toll and others free.

Another stop for Reggie to pee and us to get a coffee on the A77 saw us drop a little behind on time.

As yesterday's arrival at Formerie, we finally arrived around 5pm. This after a tour of the village with Max choosing some tight corners.

The aire is a little sloping but there are some hard standing pitches around the edges of an oval of grass. Only two gravel pitches were left. All the grass completely empty! To level up both levellers are on the left.

All the way towards Nevers it looked bright ahead. A few squalls but essentially drying. But...

Since arriving on site the rain has returned. The warnings on the motorway of "heavy rain" might be true. So glad we are on gravel!!

No photos today. There's not really been much opportunity!!

Tomorrow? As we are a lot further south than envisaged I have tried to edit the route for Max. The WiFi here won't connect! Just goes to "saved".

So the planned stop to the north of Millau will be scrapped and we can get further south on the A75. Currently I am thinking I'll remove the no-tolls and go over the Viaduc. We've done it before. Each time in the pi55ing rain... Tomorrow could be third time (un)lucky?
Reactions: rolosroller

Comments

There are no comments to display.
“Funster
Rhino Installs
“Falcon
“AS
Select,

Journal entry information

Author
InvictaMoto
Read time