Day 16

Only a short run today from Lyons la Forêt to the coast.

With Max set to no tolls we seemed to be off on a magical mystery tour. I had imagined we would head north and bump into the A28. We didn't see it. We had to have crossed over it...

The journey took us to Eu and Le Tréport. I did think of stopping there but we wanted to get to Cayeux for lunch and a walk along to the beach huts.

Checking the app showed the CCP aire to have 5 of 18 free. I had booked before we set off from home as we saw that consecutive days showed it full.

We arrived about 1.30pm. The site had plenty of free spaces. We backed in and didn't need levellers this time.

From the Google reviews the site has been there since 2022. I have seen it "pending" on the CCP app for a while. This is a popular area for us.

When day trips were cheap we came to St Valery a few times on the bike, and we have been locally to a campsite in the Moho.

Way back we even had a Suzuki Owners Club weekend away in St Val.

The aire gives an impression that it's not finished. The roadway in and around the barrier and machines looks very new and black tarmac. The vans are grouped around the sides. The centre is kerbed with lights but unfinished and the lights aren't working.

It has the usual 6amp ehu and a full service area.

After lunch we went into the town. The beach is maybe 200m away. The town maybe another 200m to where there are bars and restaurants.

The beach huts.... Not one to be seen. Some of the boardwalk was missing in places and like the beach at home it's shingle. Or rather larger sized stones than Hythe!

We went into a bar near a children's carousel for a drink. Coffee for me, menthe a l'eau for Claire. The lady told us they remove the beach huts at the end of September each year. Unlike in Kent then!

We wandered back. Spanish frozen lasagne tonight.

It was really cold at night. As we have moved up from Spain, the day temperature in France is about the same as Alcossebre's overnight!!

Tomorrow. Home.

More entries from InvictaMoto

Comments

There are no comments to display.
Select,
“Funster
Rhino Installs
“Falcon
“AS

Journal entry information

Author
InvictaMoto