Coming back.....

We haven't left yet but already I have been looking at the return journey. I simply let the TomTom planner choose a non toll route between Alcoceber and P&O Calais.

The shortest route of course took us over the Pyrenees and the Somport Tunnel. Except of course. The road on the French side currently has a huge hole in it. A friend who lives in France said that there amount of rock and substructure of the road has left a rather deep chasm. It's hard to see that from the photo on the news website. We came back that was in May.

085e0fb0bccce91b4e276345789.jpg

I wanted to try the new aire by Canfranc Station. We were passing through in May and had a drive to take a look before stopping on the road for a coffee break and then heading for the tunnel.

Canfranc Station.jpg

So it looks as though the route we will take will be the same one that we took in 2022 when we came back from around the same place and come around Pamplona and cross on the motorways around Irun/Hendaye. It's quite scenic as it is.

IMG-20221206-WA0008.jpg

I have already booked a vet's appointment for Reggie's worming and his pet passport to be stamped. It's at a vet we have used in Cavignac. I doubt we'll get away with €8 again this year, but the vet in 2022 didn't charge for the examination. He just administered their pill and signed the AHC.

This is all of course if we actually go! Claire hasn't been well and I can hardly leave her behind if she isn't better by Tuesday! It's nearly 7pm Sunday and she has filled in the patient access form on the internet for the surgery to work on tomorrow. So it's back to uncertainty and fingers crossed.

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Journal entry information

Author
InvictaMoto
Read time
2 min read
Views
Last update
Alan Kerr,
“Falcon
Rhino Installs