Before we go...

Today I have had to renew the CO sensor. Molly was new in June 2019 and I suppose that's when this and the smoke alarm where fitted.

Although the CO one has a sticker on the side, no one filled in the installation date. It's supposed to have a ten year life. It was peeping to say the battery was low. I removed the cover and there are three batteries with March 2026 printed on them. To get this far I had pretty much destroyed the unit after I had unscrewed it from the roof board. It was only secured with two short self tappers.

So off to Wickes to pick up a new one. Plenty of choice. Twenty quid later I am back home. This one doesn't have the bracket to fix to the roof and then slide the unit into. I decided to set this one up in the kitchen and re-site that one from there into the van. It is only a couple of months old.

Job done. I sat on the bench seat to watch the light flash on and off. Peep!!!! The smoke alarm now peeping! What are the chances that they both fail at the same time? This type has the 9v rectangular battery... do I have one. Do I.......!!! So off I trot to Sainsbury's and get one. It's an easy fix. I sat with fingers crossed to see that they both were working!

IMG_20240920_110551877.jpg

Photo taken in "selfie" mode using the front camera....

So what next? AdBlue topped up. Washer bottle filled up. Oil checked and no action needed. Tyres to do next.

Take out all the stuff that we won't be needing with stops on aires in both directions; chairs, windbreaks etc. Keep walking boots and Reggie's stuff.

Seat covers to be replaced with new ones. Water can wait until Monday.

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Journal entry information

Author
InvictaMoto
Read time
2 min read
Views
Last update

Share this entry

Alan Kerr,
“Funster