Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I'm looking for a friendly site stop over the last weekend in March as near to the trail as possible

Any suggestions welcome. Not a member of the big 2 clubs so they are not an option

Thanks in advance

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
I'm looking for a friendly site stop over the last weekend in March as near to the trail as possible

Any suggestions welcome. Not a member of the big 2 clubs so they are not an option

Thanks in advance
Cant help with campsites around there but you used to be able to park at Wadebridge for the day and cycle both directions from there, if that helps.

Remember to take loads of photos and create a thread and add it to the https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/the-disused-railway-line-and-voie-vert-thread.265926/

(y)

Enjoy

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autograph 69-2
Exp
Moved over to the Dark Side after 16 yrs tugging.
Don't forget that there's coast to coast cycle route from Porthtowan / Cambrose Touring Park to Devoran.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
Fenwick Trout Fishery is a stones throw from the Camel Trail at Dunmere on the outskirts of Bodmin. Good pub with food nearby (Borough Arms). Only problem is it’s a CL, but most don’t bother checking in my experience.

OP
OP
Nanniemate

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Cant help with campsites around there but you used to be able to park at Wadebridge for the day and cycle both directions from there, if that helps.

Remember to take loads of photos and create a thread and add it to the https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/the-disused-railway-line-and-voie-vert-thread.265926/

(y)

Enjoy
There are loads of cycle paths near me most old railway lines Quite often on them never think to talk pics I'll try to reme
Fenwick Trout Fishery is a stones throw from the Camel Trail at Dunmere on the outskirts of Bodmin. Good pub with food nearby (Borough Arms). Only problem is it’s a CL, but most don’t bother checking in my experience.

mber but often just pop out for an hour .I will on the camel trail wanted to do it for ages but not been that way with ebike. Thanks
You don't say which end of the trail. This site in Padstow has direct access to the trail. https://denniscovecampsite.co.uk/about-us/
Looks lovely but they are not open the weekend I need average price £38pn I can see why with views like that not bothered which end I need to be down there for the Monday morning
We had a quiet night last year along with a couple of other vans in the Scarletts Well car park on the edge of Bodmin which is right on the Camel Way.

Now that looks interesting and I like the price.
Don't forget that there's coast to coast cycle route from Porthtowan / Cambrose Touring Park to Devoran.
I'll have a look at this one
Not sure if they are open most don't open until the following week

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
We’ve stayed at South Penquite Farm campsite before when cycling the Camel Trail. No EHU and apparently they state ‘smaller Motorhomes’ (whatever that means), so might not suit you?! It’s a relatively steep downhill ride to join the trail through the nearby village of Blisland, which has a cracking pub on the green, but we managed the uphill bit on the way back without too much difficulty - although the thought of a cold pint of beer spurred us on!

OP
OP
Nanniemate

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
We’ve stayed at South Penquite Farm campsite before when cycling the Camel Trail. No EHU and apparently they state ‘smaller Motorhomes’ (whatever that means), so might not suit you?! It’s a relatively steep downhill ride to join the trail through the nearby village of Blisland, which has a cracking pub on the green, but we managed the uphill bit on the way back without too much difficulty - although the thought of a cold pint of beer spurred us on!
looks good and its open that weekend :smiley:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
OP
OP
Nanniemate

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
THanks for all the recommendations fingers crossed the weather will be good. I will know tomorrow where my appointment is on the Monday so going to make the most of it and take van down then head straight to Quakers

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 175
Exp

Thanks in advance
Take my advise, if your doing the trail do it on a weekday, weekends are Manic.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 175
Exp
Far Far better than the came trail, done it loads of times.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Or, do the Granite Way in Devon, really nice ride, good surface. Can be done in two halves if you like.
Mike.

OP
OP
Nanniemate

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
I have to be at a work location on the Monday morning so it has to be the weekend
Take my advise, if your doing the trail do it on a weekday, weekends are Manic.
this is an option I dont want to have to travel too far on the Monday morning I have a accommodation booked for the Monday night and then heading back Tuesday evening/Wednesday for the Easter Rally at Quakers
BouncyBoatFolk said:
Or, do the Granite Way in Devon, really nice ride, good surface. Can be done in two halves if you like.
Mike.

OP
OP
Nanniemate

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
duplicate post sorry

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Done the Camel trail probably hundreds of times
(My father was instrumental in getting it set up back in the 1980's)
The best section is Wadebridge to Padstow (or vice versa), there are loads of cycle hire places there.

Best parking is Piggy Lane carpark wich around the back of Lidl in Wadebridge
You can park M/H's overnight
The only campsite actually on the trail is Dennis Cove at Padstow, but there are quite a few others nearby

Jimbo50

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mli570
Exp
Getting better
Nanniemate if you chose to look at the Devoran to Portreath coast to coast cycle route there is an offer on for the whole of March at ‘Carnon Wollas Touring park’ which is just above the trail near Devoran.
It’s a fully serviced hard standing site with fantastic views and access to the trail and many other walks and they are charging £15 per night as a special offer.
It’s adult only with fantastic reviews.

OP
OP
Nanniemate

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Nanniemate if you chose to look at the Devoran to Portreath coast to coast cycle route there is an offer on for the whole of March at ‘Carnon Wollas Touring park’ which is just above the trail near Devoran.
It’s a fully serviced hard standing site with fantastic views and access to the trail and many other walks and they are charging £15 per night as a special offer.
It’s adult only with fantastic reviews.
Looks good but and it may well work thank you

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Nanniemate Did you get to cycle the camel trail or any of the other trails ?
Any advice please, thinking of a few days down there before the schools finish for the summer.

OP
OP
Nanniemate

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Figaro aro yes I did and I went back I stay here never had an issues but last time a local was fighting police turned up but left me alone
Locked him up

This is ideal for town and its right on the path a little way down the path branches off to Helland Bridge which a rougher

I got away with 2 nights each time and the locals are quite friendly. Bins but no loos

https://www.searchforsites.co.uk/marker.php?id=48407

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Little Bodieve camping an Caravaning site Wadebridge.
Out of town up the hill towards the school. Handy for heading out towards Bodmin town/ Bodmin Moor. Or in the opposite direction Padstow, and all things Rick Stein.
Mike.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Little Bodieve camping an Caravaning site Wadebridge.
Out of town up the hill towards the school. Handy for heading out towards Bodmin town/ Bodmin Moor. Or in the opposite direction Padstow, and all things Rick Stein.
Mike.
Yes, I'd looked at little bodieve, seems like a handy location to cycle the trail in either direction and reasonable price too.
I might a night or two at Scarletts well before or after ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back