Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
thanks jim. i can build an artic .make stoves from gas bottles you name it but get my head round working a computer . useless. i,m not illiterate i knew my dad . hee hee .thanks again is that twice today .

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
thanks jim. i can build an artic .make stoves from gas bottles you name it but get my head round working a computer . useless. i,m not illiterate i knew my dad . hee hee .thanks again is that twice today .

nuttin to it Alan .,. wanna built me a camper out of gas bottles ... :roflmto:

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
We were too poor for cameras.............I just had a pencil and a roll of toilet paper.......before it went for processing:Smile:

barry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi jim . might be easier out of a tanker. better not be a sewage tanker or we could be in the s==t. been there several times before.
bet the local lpg station would have a fit if you turned up to fill your lpg tank .hee hee
even more so if you used an adaptor off ebay. heee hee must go think i might wet myself thinking about it. cheers alan.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
The first camera I ever bought for myself was a Praktica MTL 3 35mm SLR.
Fully "Manumatic"....:RollEyes:

I bought it during my first trip to sea as cadet when I was 16 years old.
It replaced my Kodak Instamatic.

I kept it and used it for almost 25 years.. Think I still have it somewhere...

praktica-mtl3.jpeg

If I remember correctly they were made in the old East Germany (DDR).

Callum

Campercaillie

Free Member
Jun 23, 2012
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 620
Exp
-
Mine was the familiar Brownie 127, then an Instamatic (Wow!!) When I was a "young lad" in the RAF I was posted to RAF Gan in The Maldives, (long before the age of the holiday-maker) and thought I'd better invest in a decent camera. I bought a Minolta Hi-Matic 7s ... Cracking little camera ...

images

then later, serving in Berlin I bought my first SLR, a Practika LLC, which was then "state of the art" from its East German manufacturer ....

images

Then later in life, it was the Canon or Nikon decision to be made. I chose Canon, and have had a fair few since! :thumb:
Great post by the way - good to see all the old cameras.They were all so simple. I wonder what they'll be making of our current "state of the art cameras" in 50 years time?? My latest one has a manual that runs to over 400 pages!! :Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back