Yet another stonking sim deal including roaming! (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
  • 1703348689643.png
Me and hubby have just got one each, as we've had sims before all we needed to do was use a different email to be able to get the deal as that's all they check to see if you are a 'new customer'.

Mar 12, 2021
Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Malvern
Exp
Since 1999
I too took up a Lebara offer some months ago. Three months at £1.99, then £6.90 after that. Only got 12GB data though. Have to say it gave me a much better connection than my 3 sim and is a monthly contract.
Currently in Spain. Works perfectly here and in France on the way down. The 100 minutes of included international calls is also a bonus.
You get up to 30GB EU roaming.
I also have a mifi with Smarty sim giving me another 12GB roaming. This works well in the van as it can be paused when not in use and reactivated on my next trip.

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
3+
But not Channel Islands or IoM!

But great deal, I am on 21gb (or is 25?) and used EU roaming several times.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
if you order one of these sims when does the contrat start? from order date or when you activate the sim by putting it in your phone

Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
A grey one
Exp
since 1996
But not Channel Islands or IoM!

But great deal, I am on 21gb (or is 25?) and used EU roaming several times.
Yes a bit strange that. My son got one when he worked in India for a month I think you can also use Lebara in USA.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
if you order one of these sims when does the contrat start? from order date or when you activate the sim by putting it in your phone
I can't remember! :giggle:

I've checked when we've bought them previously and then when the monthly contracts started and the contracts have all commenced on a later date than the purchase date so I think it's from when you 'activate' the sim by putting it in a phone

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
The contract starts when you put them in the phone you used to get 90 days to activate but the last one I ordered I received an email saying I only had 30 days before it would be cancelled.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
The contract starts when you put them in the phone you used to get 90 days to activate but the last one I ordered I received an email saying I only had 30 days before it would be cancelled.
i can confirm they charge from the moment your sim is delivered i ordered one came yesterday and its charged me as of yesterday card not even out of the envelope

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
strangely the accomanying letter says to activate your plan you need to make a call or text or use data ? Maybe they take a first payment?

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
How much can you do with 15GB of data? I realise it's impossible to be precise but I'm new to Smartphones and trying out my son's spare Sony Xperia to see how I get on with it. I'd only use the data allowance for site and Google searching, nothing else, during say a month's touring in France. A rough guide would help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
How much can you do with 15GB of data? I realise it's impossible to be precise but I'm new to Smartphones and trying out my son's spare Sony Xperia to see how I get on with it. I'd only use the data allowance for site and Google searching, nothing else, during say a month's touring in France. A rough guide would help.
If you dont do youtube and just do research (google and mhf) and emails then 15gb would be enough for a month in my view.

Whilst youre not in France (and presuming you have some data attached to your current sim) try turning off your wifi and leave data on then check to see how much you use over 3-4 day period to give you a more personal idea of consumption

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
i can confirm they charge from the moment your sim is delivered i ordered one came yesterday and its charged me as of yesterday card not even out of the envelope
The first payment it taken when you initially order the sim (or the following day or two if it's late on/a weekend) so they can ensure that it is a genuine card that is being charged, this doesn't mean that the contract actually starts from that day.

Apr 9, 2022
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 1984
I have 5GB of data and use my phone more or less as you describe plus checking and sending a few emails. Maybe 10 or 15 minutes a day when we are in France for extended periods and I have never used more than about 3.5Gb in a month. Another thing to bear in mind is that if your holiday straddles a"charging" period you effectively have two months allowance to play with.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back