Yet another sim deal - this time from 1p Mobile mainly for UK use (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Funsters may be interested in this for UK use which gives: 100mb (NOT gb) data and unlimited calls & texts per month for 12 months for £35

It can be used 'roaming' but you pay for it so can't use your existing allowances abroad, the rates are at 1p a min/per text/per mb data:

Broken Link Removed​

Last edited:
OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
doesn’t it read 100mb a month rather than 100gb 😉
Yup, note to self ... don't try to post stuff when talking to Mum on the phone! :giggle:

Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
I have been using 1pMobile for a couple of years now. Need to pay £10 every 120 days with usage deducted from that. As I don’t use my phone much I soon built up credit, for use abroad. With COVID not been over to France to use data (£10 per gb). A few months ago they changed their policy to have a minimum charge of £2.50 per month so if you use, say, £1 of calls (at 1p per minute) they then add to that £1.50 in the month to make up the £2.50 monthly deduction. Not so good but still (as far as I know) the cheapest way per month to have the facility.

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
I have been using 1pMobile for a couple of years now. Need to pay £10 every 120 days with usage deducted from that. As I don’t use my phone much I soon built up credit, for use abroad. With COVID not been over to France to use data (£10 per gb). A few months ago they changed their policy to have a minimum charge of £2.50 per month so if you use, say, £1 of calls (at 1p per minute) they then add to that £1.50 in the month to make up the £2.50 monthly deduction. Not so good but still (as far as I know) the cheapest way per month to have the facility.
I think the one posted by Minxy works out cheaper

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
That's for the standard sim, this is a on-off payment which covers the whole year with unlimited calls & texts so not reliant on your 'credit' amount, whether it will continue after the first year I don't know but if it doesn't you can soon change to another provider.

Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
My wife uses 1p Mobile and finds them great, they use the EE network. For low users or as a back up phone it is ideal. Works out at less than £3.50 per month.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
My wife uses 1p Mobile and finds them great, they use the EE network. For low users or as a back up phone it is ideal. Works out at less than £3.50 per month.
The basic charge (ie £10 top up every 4 months) works out at £2.50 a month so who's she nattering to for the extra £1 a month? :giggle:

Look at the RWG sim linked to above ... will work out even cheaper and on the same network ... initial deposit then free allowance every month with no regular top-up requirement.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Does anyone know of a sim only deal where i can get 100gb a month whilst in europe, are Superdrug the only one and is that likely to change anytime soon

3rd world problems, who'd have 'em

Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
The basic charge (ie £10 top up every 4 months) works out at £2.50 a month so who's she nattering to for the extra £1 a month? :giggle:

Look at the RWG sim linked to above ... will work out even cheaper and on the same network ... initial deposit then free allowance every month with no regular top-up requirement.
whoops ! My fault, I thought it was a tenner every 3 months. 😏 Even better value.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
hi Phil

can you please give me more details of the data package costs when in europe

thanks

Al

Need more?​

We have an unlimited call and text Boost plus three great value data Boosts.

Penny on social media

Unlimited calls and texts
Two gigabytes for six pounds
Ten gigabytes for ten pounds
Fifty gigabytes for fifteen pounds
Each Boost lasts 30 days and can be added at any time. The Calls+Text Boost includes all calls to 01, 02, 03 & 07 UK numbers. If all the data in a data Boost is consumed, simply add another, or pay our standard rate of 1p a MB for any excess data you use.

1p rate also applies when travelling in​

46 european destinations

Find out more
roam-like-at-home-small.gif

Roam like at home​

Our great 1p tariff can be used when using your phone in the following destinations.
That's right 1p a minute, 1p a text and 1p a MB when visiting any of the places listed below, whether that is calls back to the UK, within the country you are roaming in or to any of the other destinations listed.
You can even use our great value data bundles when roaming. Enjoy your holiday without the worry about coming home to huge bills.
Austria
Azores
Balearic Islands
Belgium
Bulgaria
Canary Islands
Croatia
Cyprus (South)
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
French Guiana
Germany
Gibraltar
Greece
Guadeloupe
Guernsey
Hungary
Iceland
Ireland (Republic)
Isle of Man
Italy
Jersey
Latvia
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Madeira
Malta
Martinique
Monaco
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Reunion Island
Romania
San Marino
Slovak Republic
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Vatican City

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
So do you use less than 50gb a month for streaming purposes

I’ve emailed them to see if they’ll do 100gb deal as I hear the EE network is better than all the others

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

I’ve emailed them to see if they’ll do 100gb deal as I hear the EE network is better than all the others
Double check that ALL the data allowance is usable when roaming and doesn't have a limit like other providers, I haven't looked into this aspect.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Double check that ALL the data allowance is usable when roaming and doesn't have a limit like other providers, I haven't looked into this aspect.
that’s also what i’ve asked them but not had a reply yet, i’ll keep this thread updated if I hear anything back

to be honest I just need a data package for roaming as i suspect most others do 😉

Our Vodaphone sims used to allow us the full 100gb in europe but all that seems to have changed even though i’ve heard that if you had existing contracts before B it would remain the same

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Yeah that £2.50 thing miffed me when I got the last bill, but still pretty cheap as an occasional data use thing

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Our Vodaphone sims used to allow us the full 100gb in europe but all that seems to have changed even though i’ve heard that if you had existing contracts before B it would remain the same
Our 100gb was still usable in the EU but that's because our contract was a 2 year one and doesn't run out until June but it might now be 25gb but we don't get anywhere near than when on holiday so it doesn't worry me.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yeah that £2.50 thing miffed me when I got the last bill, but still pretty cheap as an occasional data use thing
Have a look at my post on this thread about a 12 month contract for £2 a month.

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Have a look at my post on this thread about a 12 month contract for £2 a month.

(y) tbh I can't be bothered changing the phone SIM for a few pence a month. We don't do much texty cally things so mostly use data and the unlimited Superdrugmobile SIM in the van deals with that really well, especially if I remember to take the Huawei modem thing with me when out n about for our usage but thanks for info (y)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007

I used them when we were in Spain & France in July & August last year. I purchased the 10 GB Data plan (£12.00) and used my mobile as a hot spot for my wife. This worked really well for both of us. I purchased another 2 GB (£6.00) when in Spain towards the end of our trip and this worked fine. For day to day use, email's, news reports. internet usage, U-Tube clips, Face time etc, this was perfect for us.
However, I have a Firestick with some special software on it that allows me to see all sports channels, thousands of films, box sets etc., etc., you name it I have it and If I was to use this I would purchase an additional sim card from Superdrug that has an unlimited data package option with it that can also be used in the E.U. (The data usage in the E.U. is monitored (???) and you might get a warning for excessive usage (You might not too!). I planned to work round this issue as I have a VPN on my phone so any monitoring would assume I'm using said data in the UK. Unfortunately, I never got to put this plan into action as the French stopped me from entering France for my planned overwintering trip to Spain.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I think this answers the other query you had.

Excess data​

If your monthly data usage exceeds 50GB, any excess data will be charged at our standard rate of 1p/MB and deducted from your call/text credit balance. Alternatively, you can buy an additional 2GB or 10GB data Boost from our website.

There is a cap of 14GB when using the data in the EU with roam-like-at-home. Any additional data used, over 14GB, will be charged at the standard rate of 1p a MB.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back