Wouldn’t it be good if we could lobby the government? (2 Viewers)

Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
Wouldn’t it be good, if this forum and groups like the caravan and camping clubs, got together, with their many tens of thousands of members to push the government to create motorhome overnight parking lots same as the Aires I. France, with Water, fresh and waste, toilets and chemical toilet waste points together with Hook ups like the flot blu system.

There are many places that MH users would go and spend their cash locally, which would assist local commerce, as it does in France. I know local authorities want to discourage traffic and gypsies, but properly policed with fair parking fees. Say £5.00 per night plus £2-3 per hour electric and free water maybe a set of toilets too…

If such places were common like in France, tens of thousands would be spent daily in villages and seaside resorts regenerating the areas.

It’s just an idea…

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
You can kiss the thought that either of the two 'Clubs' would want to take part in
any such thing.

They have a vested interest in their own camp sites, often miles from the facilities
required by motorhomes.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Wouldn’t it be good, if this forum and groups like the caravan and camping clubs, got together, with their many tens of thousands of members to push the government to create motorhome overnight parking lots
Check the government petitions site and you will see how few people are actually interested in supporting such calls.

OP
OP
our poppy lll
Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
I used to be a member, of the caravan and camping club, but over 3 years I could never get on a site, the club recommended that I book 3 years in advance! When I cancelled it was like how dare you cancel, for two years they inundated me with mails and post, they even sent me letters saying I was still a member, so yeah it’s wishful thinking them helping to get Aires for us Brits to tour around our own country.

I suppose it’s why I mainly go abroad.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
Wouldn’t it be good, if this forum and groups like the caravan and camping clubs, got together, with their many tens of thousands of members to push the government to create motorhome overnight parking lots same as the Aires I. France, with Water, fresh and waste, toilets and chemical toilet waste points together with Hook ups like the flot blu system.

There are many places that MH users would go and spend their cash locally, which would assist local commerce, as it does in France. I know local authorities want to discourage traffic and gypsies, but properly policed with fair parking fees. Say £5.00 per night plus £2-3 per hour electric and free water maybe a set of toilets too…

If such places were common like in France, tens of thousands would be spent daily in villages and seaside resorts regenerating the areas.

It’s just an idea…
We might just as well lobby them to farm unicorns . . :)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
NEVER going to happen...
If you were to see the Caravan and motorhome clubs reply when i asked about just using services you will understand they are totally against aires.. "it encourages wild camping"..

Here is part of their email..
"This is a subject that has been raised and discussed in detail, where it was agreed that legitimate caravan sites provide necessary facilities. The Caravan Club’s concern was, and is unauthorised ‘wild camping’. This is a practice that is discouraged by The Club. Allowing the use of facilities without booking, and staying on a pitch, would condone the practice of wild camping."

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
Nice idea, but you've got more chance trying to plait fog.

:giggle:

Pete

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
IF it was EVER to happen and aires were approved.... the first thing local council would do would be to erect a hight barrier 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Aug 2, 2022
Funster No
MH
Sun Living S70 SC
At the back of my mind I think the LA’s are worried that such aires could be invaded by travellers and then the LA’s would face the problem of evicting the travellers and cleaning up the site afterwards.
Our local park had to be closed for health reasons when they finally regained possession.
They also had the expense of removing a burnt out caravan.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
At the back of my mind I think the LA’s are worried that such aires could be invaded by travellers and then the LA’s would face the problem of evicting the travellers and cleaning up the site afterwards.
Have you actually asked them?

When we were discussing the possibility of an "aire" in Guisborough with Redcar & Cleveland Council several years ago somebody mentioned that possibility. I pointed out that the car/coach park to be used had never suffered traveller incursion so why should it happen. In the event, as documented in several previous posts, it faiked because too few motorhomers actualy wanted it.

Since then several councils have opened "aire" facilities. How many of them have suffered invasion by travellers?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back