word sumthing wrong with it is it a virus (3 Viewers)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I have word on my computer but seem to have a problem with it could it be a virus at the end of each sentence on all my document there is watt seen to be a lower case q but it isn't it is sum kind of symbol and when I finish a sentence it is apering all over the place cant seem to get rid of it :cry:

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Close the document then go to the documents folder.

Hold the mouse over the document name and right-click. There will be an option to scan the document.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Is it like this...

word_outline_7_levels.png

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Bill

Dunno what version of Word is on your computer but in Word 2007, when you open the document, if you look right at the top of the screen, amongst other words, the word 'View' appears - have you got that on yours?

If so click on that.

Another toolbar opens up under that list of words. At the left of that toolbar, is 'Outline' highlighted? if so ,as has been said, click on 'Draft layout' instead.

If you print it, those funny 'q's will not print anyway even if they are on the screen and if you attach it to an email and send it someone else, they won't see them either.

All they signify is that you have entered a 'carriage return' at the end of what you have written.

If it's a different version of 'Word' tell us which one and we can probably tell you where to look in that, to correct it on-screen.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Look at the top of your screen for the icon with a similar symbol (in the home menu). Click it and they'll disappear. Easy to do and, no, it is not a symptom of any virus that I know of - it is an editing tool to help you see where you have pressed enter at the end of a paragraph.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
its simply a carriage return marker aka a paragraph mark and is normally hidden. it wont print with the document

go to view menu and click on show all, the symbols will then either appear or disappear, toggling on or off

its a legacy feature not used by too many users, certainly not a virus:thumb:

OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Toolbars.png

Second row, second orange icon...

The button on the top row first to the left of where it says 100% will also solve the problem. I tend not to use the other one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Toolbars.png

Second row, second orange icon...
thanks to all that posted computer went to cadet's tonight lets have a look click there you go sir how that ended up on I will never know
thanks' to every one who posted a 12 year old fixed it :Blush:
:thumb:

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
It is just a symbol that shows where you have pressed enter on your key board - it is used by people when they are checking the layout of documents. It is pretty useful but most people never see it. Nothing to worry about.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back