Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
How many woodturners out there and anyone have a spare 4 jaw scroll wood chuck doing nowt?
Just installed a Coronet Major and looking for bits should you have any odds and sods in the shed.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Sandy does wood turning but says he doesn't have a spare chuck. He will be back in the garage once we get home. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Only if he's behaving, which isn't always the case. I put a heater out there for him - what more can he want? ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
well looks like very few woodturners, never mind as a new hobby for me I can you anything connected with the hobby that you may have for sale, old books, magazines tools jigs or coronet/record lathe acessories. let me clear some space for you and annoy sue with some more clutter, hee hee :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Did have a 4 jaw chuck, but seems to have gone missing.
I used to import Kity woodworking machines many years ago, so did many demonstrations & exhibitions, but I was not to clever at turning, main demonstrations where Trunchons & Falic symbols!:Eeek: the worst moment was when I turned a giant mahogany willie as a joke birthday present . So I thought a candle in the top would look good ! So I sat in a back storeroom holding it between my legs and drilling a hole with my stanley hand drill.
To my horror in walked on of my female staff with another lady! oops!:Eeek:

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Did have a 4 jaw chuck, but seems to have gone missing.
I used to import Kity woodworking machines many years ago, so did many demonstrations & exhibitions, but I was not to clever at turning, main demonstrations where Trunchons & Falic symbols!:Eeek: the worst moment was when I turned a giant mahogany willie as a joke birthday present . So I thought a candle in the top would look good ! So I sat in a back storeroom holding it between my legs and drilling a hole with my stanley hand drill.
To my horror in walked on of my female staff with another lady! oops!:Eeek:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Always wanted a Kity, but out of my price range at the time. Shame about the chuck, thread size imaterial as I can turn an adapter to suit. Who knows it may well turn up one day when it does please keep me in mind.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
I do a bit both with an electric and a pole lathe, helps to have a woodland to rob for turning blanks as well :thumb::thumb:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I bought myself a 1:1 wood turning day, years ago. Somewhere just outside Bath. It was great fun and I made 2 bowls--was so proud of myself!

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
Just come across this post i do a lot of woodturning no spare chuck im afraid

Andy

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Its been a while since I posted on this one. I have sorted a few chucks and even got a much larger capacity lathe (I wanted to turn some canoe paddles and standard lamps etc) The new coronet Major is now installed and with a 6ft bed was I assume originally supplied as a one off by the factory. It is like my other one in excellent condition. It does mean I now have for sale my other coronet Major, complete with table saw, planer, mortiser, sander etc see the listing in classifeds
Broken Link Removed
it is a complete kit apart from a set of chisels/gouges that are available cheaply on fleabay so anyone wanting to get started this is a good opportunity. Beginners are welcome to try their hand first if that is what you need to do.

sleep e carr

Free Member
Nov 30, 2008
Whitby North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express 6 birth
Exp
Since 1970 first van converted police van
How many woodturners out there and anyone have a spare 4 jaw scroll wood chuck doing nowt?
Just installed a Coronet Major and looking for bits should you have any odds and sods in the shed.
Sorry dont have one of them but am a woodturner, and have been for over 16 years, and a demonstrator for 4
Just back on here today after 4 years away. I live in Whitby.

cheers george:thumb::thumb::thumb::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back