wiring a snipe 2 into new van (1 Viewer)

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
I want to fit a snipe 2 satellite to our new van and just wondered if anyone could help me out, in the tv cupboard I have some cables coming through and wondered if someone could help to identify them and point me in the right direction as to which one will give me a power feed etc, the van is a Pilote 740
IMG_0651.JPG
IMG_0652.JPG

Thanks all
Dave

OP
OP
Dave K

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Mine arrives today courtesy of Funsters Courier Services :D2 so will be keeping my eye on this thread.

If you already have a status aerial then you can take the power from that as far as I know (y)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Could they not have done a detour and picked up my gas bottle as well ? ;)

Try bumping thread or asking on the Shrewesbury or Saltfleet rally threads.

If you can even get it to Leeds or Newcastle areas then I can collect it for you when I'm passing again in a few weeks.

My delivery is now in hands of funster no 2. :D2

Sorry Dave for going off topic but at least it's bumped your thread :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
By the look of that picture I would say it's a Pilote MH. I fitted my Snipe Ariel at the back of MH and then used white stick on tracking to hold the cables in place. The cable inlet on the roof was put in so that the cables were hidden down the back of the panel. The top back panel can be removed easily just flip the four brown covers off. Brown wire is power and black is negative and switched by the switch above the door. I cannot remember if the cig lighter socket also works the same way. You will see the wiring once you remove the panel. You have two cables come through the roof for the Snipe Box. The small black plastic filler at the left back is for the cables to the TV. You also have a 12v socket. Didn't bother with the other wires. I think the red, yellow, white is connected to the radio but not sure and the Dealer had no idea. You don't need it anyway. I fitted the Snipe Controller on the right hand side near the door at the front so it was easy to see.

Don't be tempted to shorten the cables on the Snipe as they are a pig to re-solder. There is plenty of room to just coil them and hide behind the panel.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave K

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Try bumping thread or asking on the Shrewesbury or Saltfleet rally threads.

If you can even get it to Leeds or Newcastle areas then I can collect it for you when I'm passing again in a few weeks.

My delivery is now in hands of funster no 2. :D2

Sorry Dave for going off topic but at least it's bumped your thread :)

No problem :)

OP
OP
Dave K

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
By the look of that picture I would say it's a Pilote MH. I fitted my Snipe Ariel at the back of MH and then used white stick on tracking to hold the cables in place. The cable inlet on the roof was put in so that the cables were hidden down the back of the panel. The top back panel can be removed easily just flip the four brown covers off. Brown wire is power and black is negative and switched by the switch above the door. I cannot remember if the cig lighter socket also works the same way. You will see the wiring once you remove the panel. You have two cables come through the roof for the Snipe Box. The small black plastic filler at the left back is for the cables to the TV. You also have a 12v socket. Didn't bother with the other wires. I think the red, yellow, white is connected to the radio but not sure and the Dealer had no idea. You don't need it anyway. I fitted the Snipe Controller on the right hand side near the door at the front so it was easy to see.

Don't be tempted to shorten the cables on the Snipe as they are a pig to re-solder. There is plenty of room to just coil them and hide behind the panel.

Thanks very much for the info,much appreciated

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Have you got a satellite receiver?

I just bought this one on offer

Damn won't link but it's the icecrypt 1700 a saving of £50 almost. :)

OP
OP
Dave K

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Have you got a satellite receiver?

I just bought this one on offer

Damn won't link but it's the icecrypt 1700 a saving of £50 almost. :)

I've got a tv with built in receiver, thanks anyway though :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back