Windscreen Scuttle clips (1 Viewer)

Oct 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Posted this on the Peugeot base vehicle as well.

After reading on hear about the scuttle problems, I had a look at mine. The LH side is hanging off, and 3 clips have come out. The part number from Peugeot is 8251EN, and they are on back order - £6.55 each from the dealer but up to £14,99 on Ebay each. I cant believe the price for these.

Are these reusable?

I assume they just push in, but these wont go back in even with a good thump so I am going to have to take the scuttle off. Is there anything to look out for. I think I will need a windscreen wiper puller as its a 2014 van.

Looking at the picture when I've had a minute it looks like there has been one replaced already in the past as one is red and the others are white as far as I can see.

Also the drain tube is not attached to the scuttle - there isn't any overlap between the pipe and the scuttle boss. I will have to bodge something up

20240416_152816.jpg

20240416_152828.jpg

20240416_152902.jpg

2021-01-05_01-56-15_8769745.jpg

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
That scuttle will be letting water through to the engine, if you do a search on here it’s been discussed many times. You need to use some Sika or similar and stick it to the windscreen.

Upvote 0
Mar 9, 2021
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2014
Designed by people who seem to think it’s ok to let water pour thro the engine bay
For storage/lay up, I use an external windscreen cover which is long enough to cover the scuttle and the vents in the bonnet (Ducato)
As said in post #2, do a search on here, lots of info

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ianbenny
Oct 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Okay put some insulation tape for a temp seal.
Ordered some clips form an independent supplier 40p each. Arrived today so will have a go at fitting next week. The existing ones have been bent.
Did a search initially but my spelling of scuttle was not good enough - put in a K instead of a C :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Okay put some insulation tape for a temp seal.
Ordered some clips form an independent supplier 40p each. Arrived today so will have a go at fitting next week. The existing ones have been bent.
Did a search initially but my spelling of scuttle was not good enough - put in a K instead of a C :rolleyes:
Insulating tape works for me. I fitted on my screen after CamperUK tried 3 times to sort my scuttle leaking. Last time it had a completely new plastic scuttle panel. When I got home I tested with a hose and it was still leaking. No leaks through the scuttle since fitting the tape. Will probably renew it before winter.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
Clips don't work (didn't on mine anyway along with many others on here)Mines a 2020 had never been disturbed,but was allowing water to run from screen down back of scuttle into engine bay,glued scuttle to screen with black stixall, invisible and watertight when done and hopefully permanent

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ianbenny
Oct 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Insulating tape works for me. I fitted on my screen after CamperUK tried 3 times to sort my scuttle leaking. Last time it had a completely new plastic scuttle panel. When I got home I tested with a hose and it was still leaking. No leaks through the scuttle since fitting the tape. Will probably renew it before winter.
Howard, did you post a video on YouTube regarding the issue you had a few years ago? I have just watched one with a Burstner Van demonstrating the leak on a very new van in 2013/14

Clips have arrived so I will try a fix next week with some silkaflex for good measure

Upvote 0
Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Howard, did you post a video on YouTube regarding the issue you had a few years ago? I have just watched one with a Burstner Van demonstrating the leak on a very new van in 2013/14

Clips have arrived so I will try a fix next week with some silkaflex for good measure
Not me, mine is a 2021 van

Upvote 0

timbo99

Free Member
Apr 21, 2024
Funster No
MH
SWIFT BOLERO 2018
Clips don't work (didn't on mine anyway along with many others on here)Mines a 2020 had never been disturbed,but was allowing water to run from screen down back of scuttle into engine bay,glued scuttle to screen with black stixall, invisible and watertight when done and hopefully permanent
I have a 2018 swift bolero (fiat ducato) same problem. Got fed up of keeping central drain tube clear so my solution is 1.5m of inch and half pond convoluted hose. Also used clear silicon behind scuttle. In the centre of the scuttle I could get me fingers from the underside and on to the windscreen above. Just a shocking design. As the years go by the scuttle heats up and expands away from the screen. Those nice people at FIAT expect you will buy a new one every 5 years or so . . .

IMG_5513 2.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
I have a 2018 swift bolero (fiat ducato) same problem. Got fed up of keeping central drain tube clear so my solution is 1.5m of inch and half pond convoluted hose. Also used clear silicon behind scuttle. In the centre of the scuttle I could get me fingers from the underside and on to the windscreen above. Just a shocking design. As the years go by the scuttle heats up and expands away from the screen. Those nice people at FIAT expect you will buy a new one every 5 years or so . . .

View attachment 888239
A new one doesnt always cure it.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back