dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
I'm away in the van again and trying to access "stuff" on my windows 11 laptop. However, something has changed and desktop icons have got bigger and the font in many windows screens / menus has got ridiculously small. See attached pdf for a screen print showing task manager with the small text.

Apart from why did i let windows 11 install a few weeks ago, has anyone heard of a windows update or nvidia update which can cause these symptoms please?

Thank You

ps. the connectivity problem shown on the print is down to the gale and heavy rain i am currently enjoying

Attachments

• screenprint.pdf
    179.5 KB · Views: 54

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Don't have 11 installed but 10 . Try right clicking on an "empty" section of your desktop and adjust the display (or personalise) settings.

OP
OP
dna

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
Don't have 11 installed but 10 . Try right clicking on an "empty" section of your desktop and adjust the display (or personalise) settings.
Thank you. I’ve tried changing the windows font size and scaling but whilst some icons grow, the very small text doesn’t change.
I’m on my way home today so will do more research there.
The laptop has two video “cards”and is supposed to automatically switch between them to favour low energy consumption or high performance graphics as required. It might be something to do with this.

OP
OP
dna

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
Quick update : I didn't highlight on my original post that the laptop was on a preview build of windows 11. I did log the issue with Microsoft but got no joy.

Ive dropped out of the preview programme and reinstalled the "live" build 21H2 and as if by magic the correct text sizes are back.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back