LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Bit disappointed to find that our lovely new Chausson motorhome only has standard window handles with no lock button! We do already have Milenco Sleep Safe alarms (bit like the other ones mentioned recently) to fit as found these to be excellent in the past but wanted to use something like this Link Removed to help prevent break ins as alarms are ok when in the van but not necessarily a deterrent if in a quiet car park. Can't find these anywhere other than expired listing & Twitter even under the name LOCK M OUT (may not work with our buttonless handles?) - does anyone know of any similiar products & where to buy them from or any diy options to stop the handles being lifted open from outside. I saw a horrendous video on You Tube which shows just how easily the windows can be opened! Makes all our other security measures seem pointless if the windows are so vulnerable...

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
I contacted Chris Goff Design through the above link and he has updated the design now, it's now made of steel and there are different designs for Seitz windows. I've copied an extract from his email here......

Thank you for your enquiry, we have changed the design of the lock M
Out devices, they are now made from steel and are £9.99 + £1.60 p+p
per pair instead of £11.00 or £12.00 for the ones in the video. We
would need to know what kind of widow catches you have are they the
same as in the video or Seitz which are wider and normally have a
button?
If they are Seitz type they come in right and left handed so we would
need this information too.

His email address is chrisgoffdesign@gmail

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thank you both for the info. - I will email him & see if I can get hold of some of his locks & will leave feedback here. Has anyone tried these or have any diy solutions for the window handle security problem?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jknowlesjacky

Free Member
Nov 16, 2013
powys
Funster No
MH
laika 400 ecovip
Exp
:thumb:
I contacted Chris Goff Design through the above link and he has updated the design now, it's now made of steel and there are different designs for Seitz windows. I've copied an extract from his email here......

Thank you for your enquiry, we have changed the design of the lock M
Out devices, they are now made from steel and are £9.99 + £1.60 p+p
per pair instead of £11.00 or £12.00 for the ones in the video. We
would need to know what kind of widow catches you have are they the
same as in the video or Seitz which are wider and normally have a
button?
If they are Seitz type they come in right and left handed so we would
need this information too.

thanks so much for that info
nos da
His email address is chrisgoffdesign@gmail

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
looks handy to deter an opportunist, but a determined thief knows that one good pull and the screws pull through the plastic. then you would need to secure the hole in the van till you can replace the window

its far better to fit a decent alarm with a warning led at each window. if they believe that the alarm will go off, then they will move on elsewhere and do no damage to your van

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
looks handy to deter an opportunist, but a determined thief knows that one good pull and the screws pull through the plastic. then you would need to secure the hole in the van till you can replace the window

its far better to fit a decent alarm with a warning led at each window. if they believe that the alarm will go off, then they will move on elsewhere and do no damage to your van

We do have a Vanbitz Strikeback alarm fitted but we live in an area where car alarms go off all the time & even house alarms & no-one seems to respond in any way so just want it all as secure & difficult as it can be so less chance of a problem. Have read too many posts about people who have left their motorhomes in a busy car park then come back at the end of the day to find that despite the alarm having been activated their windows have still been opened & the culprits have got in.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
. Have read too many posts about people who have left their motorhomes in a busy car park then come back at the end of the day to find that despite the alarm having been activated their windows have still been opened & the culprits have got in.

Maybe you have :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If they want to get in ,they will.

Mike

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The 'original' ones just look like bent metal tubes! Surely if you could push them on, a thief could soon hook onto them and push them off??? :Doh:

Wasn't there a trick where you drill a small hole in the bottom of the handle where it slots over the plate on the window frame and into the plate too, and then put in a small 'plug' of some sort to hold it in place which you can remove when you want to open the window?

Attachments

• window catch fix.jpg
    window catch fix.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 35

nannyjan

Free Member
Mar 22, 2010
Forest of Dean, Glos
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
New end of March 2010
Window locks

Bit disappointed to find that our lovely new Chausson motorhome only has standard window handles with no lock button! We do already have Milenco Sleep Safe alarms (bit like the other ones mentioned recently) to fit as found these to be excellent in the past but wanted to use something like this Link Removed to help prevent break ins as alarms are ok when in the van but not necessarily a deterrent if in a quiet car park. Can't find these anywhere other than expired listing & Twitter even under the name LOCK M OUT (may not work with our buttonless handles?) - does anyone know of any similiar products & where to buy them from or any diy options to stop the handles being lifted open from outside. I saw a horrendous video on You Tube which shows just how easily the windows can be opened! Makes all our other security measures seem pointless if the windows are so vulnerable...

Hi there, I also had the button less window handles and got broken into because they simply put a blade through the rubber around the window and lifted the handles. I have since purchased the same handles but with the button lock from Marquis motorhomes, any branch. It was so simple to change them. I feel much happier now and all windows handles have been changed to the button handles. Well worth doing.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi there, I also had the button less window handles and got broken into because they simply put a blade through the rubber around the window and lifted the handles. I have since purchased the same handles but with the button lock from Marquis motorhomes, any branch. It was so simple to change them. I feel much happier now and all windows handles have been changed to the button handles. Well worth doing.
We've ordered a pair of the Lock M Out to try & may change to locking handles too! Wondered if the fixing holes could be the same & if it would be a simple changeover so thank you for your tip.

nannyjan

Free Member
Mar 22, 2010
Forest of Dean, Glos
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
New end of March 2010
lockable window handles.

We've ordered a pair of the Lock M Out to try & may change to locking handles too! Wondered if the fixing holes could be the same & if it would be a simple changeover so thank you for your tip.

Hi the lockable handles were exactly the same size as the fitted ones I had on delivery of vehicle. The former handles just slipped off when the hole in the centre was depressed using a pen nib. Then the lockable handles were simple slipped back over. It was so easy and Marquis showed me how to remove the former ones when I went into order the lockable ones. well worth doing and so easy.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Has anyone tried these Lock M Outs? How do they compare to getting new polylocks with lockable central spindles? I would be aiming to replace 4 or 6 window locks - can anyone recommend a supplier for lockable polyfix window locks?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We are very pleased with our Lock M Outs - easy to fit & remove in an emergency & make the window much more secure.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back