Wildlife gardening thread. (1 Viewer)

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
movan yes we had to really hack the clematis back the first year we were here. It's now back to how it was but we love it.

The azalea is in fact much more vibrant than the photo shows. It's stunning. It's been left to its own devices, no deadheading. Until a couple of weeks ago the border was a total mess, full of grass, weeds. Now we can enrich the soil and give things a bit more care.

So far today I've planted 2x viburnum tinus, a cotinus and an abelia. Still to go - 3x euphorbia, 3x roses, 2x clematis, other assorted plants. And a silver birch and a strawberry tree. Not all today :ROFLMAO: I'm off to bake a cake.

Karen

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
movan yes we had to really hack the clematis back the first year we were here. It's now back to how it was but we love it.

The azalea is in fact much more vibrant than the photo shows. It's stunning. It's been left to its own devices, no deadheading. Until a couple of weeks ago the border was a total mess, full of grass, weeds. Now we can enrich the soil and give things a bit more care.

So far today I've planted 2x viburnum tinus, a cotinus and an abelia. Still to go - 3x euphorbia, 3x roses, 2x clematis, other assorted plants. And a silver birch and a strawberry tree. Not all today :ROFLMAO: I'm off to bake a cake.

Karen

Silver Birch to go Karen, this is a wildlife gardening thread, they are one of the best native trees for wildlife.

I've just planted a few of them

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
"I've just planted a few of them"

Sadly only room for one here. But it's a decent size and cost a decent amount :oops: Trying to do my best with what we've got. Very few gardens nearby have mature trees.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi CazPaul
You willbe proud of me. :)

Really struggling to conquer top half of garden.. Work is too heavy for me. Not even looked at bottom half of garden... But...

Decided yesterday that it would be a good idea to just LRAVE the area in top corner at the back and under my ceoanothis tree... And encourage wildlife. It's only a small area.. About 10ft x 10ft but it will help a little. Going to scatter some wild flower seeds. :)
Photo doesn't show how far back it goes into the back.
IMG_20200413_110946.jpg

IMG_20200414_142253.jpg

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Hi CazPaul
You willbe proud of me. :)

Really struggling to conquer top half of garden.. Work is too heavy for me. Not even looked at bottom half of garden... But...

Decided yesterday that it would be a good idea to just LRAVE the area in top corner at the back and under my ceoanothis tree... And encourage wildlife. It's only a small area.. About 10ft x 10ft but it will help a little. Going to scatter some wild flower seeds. :)
Photo doesn't show how far back it goes into the back.
View attachment 378769
View attachment 378770

Great stuff that looks lovely and what a haven for wildlife

A reminder that it doesn't have to look unkempt and untidy to be wildlife friendly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back