WiFi on board - any experience?? (1 Viewer)

Jan 13, 2008
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 2008
Has anyone had experience with http://www.wifionboard.co.uk/ ?

They were at the NEC and they were promoting a device that will give you long range wifi or 3g/4g hotspot if wifi is not available?

I went to look/buy the iBoost wifi plus the MiFi/EuropaSIM from Addie at Motorhome WiFi which has had very good reviews but didn't realise they weren’t at the show this year. :RollEyes:

Just thought the idea of a single device using a single good antenna would save space. Also unlike the iBoost antenna,the Huawei mifi antenna looks a bit flimsy??!!

So has anyone had any experience with the "4G/3G with Long range Wifi System" from WiFi on Board?

Thanks for reading and any feedback? :winky:

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
I can't quite work out what components you need to make it work. Is it really one box of tricks with a sim card slot and antenna?

£320 for 3G Mi-Fi and Wi-Fi seems a reasonable price.

What say you Adam?

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Tandy,

Sorry you missed us, we don't do the February NEC as it costs so much to exhibit, we just stick to the bigger October show and Warners outdoor ones which are cheap and a good laugh. The truth is we're pretty busy now and don't need to do shows like we used to and so it was inevitable that someone was going to come along and try and fill the gap :whatthe:

The reason we keep our 3/4G devices separate to the iBoost, is they are often used very differently, especially with the EuropaSIM. Where as a long range WiFi adapter can only really be used when stationary, often it is great to take your portable 3/4G device out with you for the day in your pocket and still be able to access the internet on your iPad or iPhones.

The EuropaSIM can use (almost) any available network and so in many cases this mitigates the 'need' for an antenna, as you can just change from Vodafone to Orange or whatever offers the best coverage where you are.

We have a couple of new 4G antennas to add this week (one temporary, one permanent), when they clear customs :RollEyes: neither of which could be classed as flimsy.

All the best,

Adam

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I can't quite work out what components you need to make it work. Is it really one box of tricks with a sim card slot and antenna?

£320 for 3G Mi-Fi and Wi-Fi seems a reasonable price.

What say you Adam?

Eh!!!! :Eeek: The word 'extortionate' comes to my mind! :whatthe:

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
They were on the next stand to me at the Manchester Camping Exhibition. Very pleasant company and I bought the wi-fi extender off them.
I have been pleased with it so far. Do not have experience of the 3G/4G version though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back