Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
I really appreciate having free wifi.

Indeed, I often base where I am staying based on whether they have free wifi or not. I used to be the same with hotels when I travelled on business. It really irked me when some hotels would charge me up to £15 a nigh just for having access to the Internet.

Surely, in these modern times, charging for wifi is like charging for water, or going to the loo, or having a shower, or switching on the lights in a hotel room. It is something that pretty much everyone now needs and so should be built into the overall costs of running a site and not be an added extra.

That said, I can understand the economics, although I would have thought a nominal £1 a night would be enough to more than cover the cost over the year depending on the number of visitors.

I suppose it is harder for the CCLs as it is easier for the massive sites to spread the cost across everyone whereas with only five space it isn't quite as simple, is it?

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
For us free wifi will make the difference when booking a site, these days it's how we keep in touch with family, we have a 3 Mifi but a definate bonus free wifi.:Smile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We used to need to have Internet access every day when we were running our business. Because of that I obtained a mobile phone contract which allowed tethering between the phone and a Psion Organiser (and, subsequently, a Palm Tungsten). That was followed by a USB dongle and then a MiFi device (both of which we still have).

In short - it was my need so I made sure I set aside the funds to satisfy that need rather than expect somebody else to fund it for me by providing free WiFi.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
We used to need to have Internet access every day when we were running our business. Because of that I obtained a mobile phone contract which allowed tethering between the phone and a Psion Organiser (and, subsequently, a Palm Tungsten). That was followed by a USB dongle and then a MiFi device (both of which we still have).

In short - it was my need so I made sure I set aside the funds to satisfy that need rather than expect somebody else to fund it for me by providing free WiFi.

And us coming from abroad ? And when you go abroad ?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
And us coming from abroad ? And when you go abroad ?

I don't go abroad :Smile: However, surely the same principle applies doesn't it? It's the individual's own decision to holiday in another country so the individual has to bear the cost of all elements he requires on that holiday.

Also, as per Addie's post regarding Three tariffs today and as JJ showed in obtaining a Giffgaff SIM on his recent visit, it is reasonably simple these days to avoid roaming charges.

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Hi :Smile:
We like to get away from it all !!

No wi-fi, apps, and the rest of the technos for us.:Eeek:

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Admirable aspirations-unfortunately when away for extended periods bills at home still have to be paid :cry:
Internet makes it possible to pay.Gas,Electric,Credit cards,etc ,etc,and to check bank balances etc ,etc.

Mike

Old Hat Mike:roflmto:
Since retiring, all outgoings paid by Direct Debit.:thumb:
It stabilizes our monthly outgoings, enabling us to be away for long periods without worrying :Eeek:
Just make sure there's enough in the bank !!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back