Who said Spain was rammed and there was nowhere to stay? (2 Viewers)

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
A lovely evening was had in Teruel last night great aire and free of charge.

Villasol camping in Benidorm is full (we did drive to reception and check) so we are on a lovely big pitch on camping la torreta which is opposite. Perfect for the next week.

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
A lovely evening was had in Teruel last night great aire and free of charge.

Villasol camping in Benidorm is full (we did drive to reception and check) so we are on a lovely big pitch on camping la torreta which is opposite. Perfect for the next week.
Me and Shirley Blossom spent 62 nights there, left a couple of weeks ago to head home ☹
Not as regimented as some of the sites and very relaxed staff. Very convenient to walk to most places.
No.10 bus to Altea or Benidorm Old Town is handy and only 70c (after buying a card for €2 and loading it with €10. )
You can use one card for both of you.

My pitch was big, no.236.

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
Just arrived at Santa Isobel NR luga. Free aire with free electrics. Half full when we arrived now with us having arrived it's heaving 3/4 full now. It will soon be rammed. But it is hailstoning.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Raining heavily in Seville and have got caught out without the appropriate gear. ☹️

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Oh dear.
Here's something to bore you with. Our latest vid.
Western Europe 2024:

Sitting in Starbucks which I was very grateful for. Waiting for my timed ticket to Alcázar. Booked yesterday so had to settle for 5:30.
Cannot see outside from my perch so fingers crossed it has gone off a bit. I did spend time in van looking for my umbrella just in case but couldn’t find it.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
To be honest this is our first paid stop, sometimes I just want to do camping behaviour.
I know what you mean. We like a good mix. Currently at the Marina at Gelves outside Seville, as recommended by various helpful Funsters. Opportunity for getting out of the hot sun yesterday was limited to the area behind the open rear doors.

Feb 18, 2022
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
RT Pergaso 740
That looks quite empty, last time we were there we got one of the last spaces on the pavement in the road in your last photo. The cark next to the Aire was rammed.
The Day time Photos were taken late morning when quite a few had lift, by evening they were parking all the way around the stadium. The night time Photos shown are of just the front, and that shows it full, you may not be able to see the trees, but they there in between the parked vans.

Feb 18, 2022
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
RT Pergaso 740
The aire at Marina Puorto Gelves, Seville packed today. We were lucky to get in as reasonably early. Previously found no room in the inn at Caceres. That has been the only place so far unable to stop. Aire at the bullring in Trujillo packed but space for everyone.
We really liked Puorto Gelves, So easy to get around Seville from there, hope your having a great time Ann.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We're at the paid motorhome parking at Puerto Lápice. Chosen rather than the free parking at the same town. This area is so much nicer to be in.

For €6.05 a night to park, it doesn't break the bank.

IMG_20240412_134718.jpg

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
I know what you mean. We like a good mix. Currently at the Marina at Gelves outside Seville, as recommended by various helpful Funsters. Opportunity for getting out of the hot sun yesterday was limited to the area behind the open rear doors.
Is this the €30 a night one on park for night. I can only see 1 motorhome place.

Is it busy we might head that way next week and was told that you need secure parking around Seville

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Is this the €30 a night one on park for night. I can only see 1 motorhome place.

Is it busy we might head that way next week and was told that you need secure parking around Seville
Yes it is. However worth it for the secure parking and there are showers, toilets and EHU.
Was full by late afternoon, we arrived around 2pm and 2 spaces left. Was a nice spot by the river and we made a shady nook by opening the barn doors. I enjoyed Séville and went back on my own to visit the Alcázar. You need to book tickets before. I booked online day before and could only get 5:30 pm.
We used Uber to go into Seville with the dog, 16 euros each way.
B5ED6059-91DB-415C-AE52-5BC2613CADEA.jpeg

Bus 140 1.65 euro and ok during weekdays but I saw none on Sunday. The bus goes around and around so you get off at De Las Delicias and get back on at the same stop.
This one

Last edited:

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We really liked Puorto Gelves, So easy to get around Seville from there, hope your having a great time Ann.
Thanks, we are. We have the dog with us so used pet friendly Uber (a first for us) to get into Seville. A shiny new Lexus turned up at the Marina gate and charged us all of less than 16 euro right into the centre. We are not really taxi type people and usually spend hours studying bus timetables and worrying about where to get off 🤣. I did go back into the centre for my timed ticket to the Alcaraz and felt I had to use the bus as just on my own.

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
We are moving up France, at Saumur, on a campsite on the island called Ile D' Offard, the island is in the middle of the La Loire river we are about 30 foot from river, mind you just outside campsite is a Aire with barriers use Relias to get in, we paid 17 euros per night it's ok ,but if you use Relias I wouldn't pay more to come on this campsite.
Saumur is nice town with lovely views of a beautiful chateau on a hill the river in town looks very impressive , lots of nice buildings and loads of cafes,/ Restaurants.15to 20 minutes walk to town, nice walk

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back