Which white paint to repair Rapido white plastic? (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I have a small damage on the rear plastic corner on my 2010 Rapido 9066df, I’m sure there must be a shade of white used by motor manufacturers I could use in Halfords or similar store. I’m hoping someone on here has had the same problem and discovered the correct white to use. Any help with this would be appreciated. Cheers

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You will need the services of an automotive paint shop or motor factors that supply the paint trade
to match your particular vehicle,
Even if such a colour existed it could not possibly account for aging, weathering and the multitudes of shades of white available, the white you see is in all probability a pigment within the plastic, not paint
You could try 50 shades of grey:eek:

Last edited:

Deleted User
I have a small damage on the rear plastic corner on my 2010 Rapido 9066df, I’m sure there must be a shade of white used by motor manufacturers I could use in Halfords or similar store. I’m hoping someone on here has had the same problem and discovered the correct white to use. Any help with this would be appreciated. Cheers

If you look under the bonnet you will see the manufacturers plate, which will have a paint code (Google will then tell you the colour for halfords etc)

My 2005 rapido's rear bumper was the same colour as the base vehicle, obviously try a small area first for colour match (I sprayed the full bumper so weathering was not an issue)

Otherwise, as Geo said a paint shop may be able to match.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
That under bonnet Manf paint code will in all probability be the base vehicle colour code for sure, not the finished item
Motor home Manf are not so considerate

OP
OP
goneoff
Aug 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
If you look under the bonnet you will see the manufacturers plate, which will have a paint code (Google will then tell you the colour for halfords etc)

My 2005 rapido's rear bumper was the same colour as the base vehicle, obviously try a small area first for colour match (I sprayed the full bumper so weathering was not an issue)

Otherwise, as Geo said a paint shop may be able to match.
Thanks however I think the sticker under/behind the bonnet if I could read it which I can't is the base vehicle. There is a lot of white plastic on Rapido's I'm sure they are not vehicle specific I was hoping someone had done the donkey work and found out which white it was, white is a very forgiving colour to spray and touch in that's why I am trying to sort the issue myself. Just hope another Rapido owner comes along with a number otherwise it's down to the local paint shop. Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
It is the base vehicle's colour code.

As I stated mine was the same (2005 model)

Yours may/may not be (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back