Which password Manager? LastPass hacks causing big losses? more info... (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2021
Tropical Skelmorlie
Funster No
MH
Globecar 5.4 Shine
Exp
Since 2013
I'm happy to have quit LastPass after the first scare - Bitwarden had proved very capable and works well on my android as well as the windows laptop.

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
I think this all goes to show we need something different to passwords and the way they are used.
Access security has two fundamental principles, which should always be divorced:
1) Authentication. The "Are you who you say you are?" element.
2) Authorisation. The "Given you are who you say you are, what are you allowed to do?" element.

The problem is that in order to save money / lack of analysis, these are usually combined into one device - a password.
Which once breached allows access to everything.

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
I think this all goes to show we need something different to passwords and the way they are used.
Access security has two fundamental principles, which should always be divorced:
1) Authentication. The "Are you who you say you are?" element.
2) Authorisation. The "Given you are who you say you are, what are you allowed to do?" element.

The problem is that in order to save money / lack of analysis, these are usually combined into one device - a password.
Which once breached allows access to everything.
Pass keys seem to be the next big thing

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
How Secure are your passwords ?

Everyone should be using some facility to record your passwords.
(And not a note book you carry around with you!!! or a spreadsheet called 'passwords')

LastPass, BitWarden NordPass, Keeper, Dashlane, RoboForm, 1Password and others are all good, all have advantages and disadvantages.

All are very very 'secure' to a degree, arguably some are more secure than others, but every time one has a breech all the others ensure that can not be breeched in the same way.
So one may suggest the one that has most recently suffered a breach is currently the most secure.

View attachment 808175
Useful that, all my passwords are 10-14 long with upper/lower case letters numbers & symbols. Suspect as AI improves it wont take so long to crack them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I use 1Password -works on mobile and laptop - seems very secure.

I read an article recently that said a password consisting of three random words is as good as many other passwords

Jul 14, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Dorest E
Exp
Jul 22
My password manager is the 'forgotten your password' button
Never have to store or remember a single password

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!