What’s the lightest and most popular self levelling system (1 Viewer)

chaschris23

Free Member
Feb 5, 2023
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 574
Exp
Good morning we are new to this having just purchased a 2019 Swift Bessacarr 574 L after being caravanners for 14 plus years and are seeking constructive advice on self levelling systems, lightest, cost installed etc
we look forward to some input please, best wishes, Charlie & Chris.

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Good morning we are new to this having just purchased a 2019 Swift Bessacarr 574 L after being caravanners for 14 plus years and are seeking constructive advice on self levelling systems, lightest, cost installed etc
I would have thought the cheapest and lightest would be some ramps, but I expect that's not what you are after :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Hello and welcome...
You come to the right place for "constructive" comments IF you prepare yourself for the pouring of "non constructive" comments you will receive..
I.E. I am with 2x2camper on this...
Ramps.🤣🤣🤣

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Ah yes sorry

Welcome:giggle::giggle::giggle:

Jul 26, 2018
Funster No
This thread is ongoing at the moment…..offers some people’s thoughts

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
We had the E & P levelling system fitted at SAP at Doncaster.

E&P quoted 55Kg for the system we had fitted but this was countered for us by removing the 4 levelling ramps we carried weighing in at 11.5 Kg and the jack at 6.5Kg that's no longer needed, so the extra weight added was 37Kg.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Charlie & Chris

I am taking it that you mean hydraulic levelling as I have never seen plastic ramps that self level, Eddie has beaten me in recommending HPC as a lightweight option, the cylinders are alluminium rather than the steel that is found on many others, https://hpc-hydraulics.nl/automatic-leveling-system/?lang=en E&P have been the go to option for customers and manufacturers for a good few years now, we have a Morelo with factory fit E&P but I know that they have now gone over to HPC (for whatever reason) but they must be a good option.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Welcome

And these are my answer.

They do self level, you just press a lever( Handbrake) and they drop down a bit😄

350EC967-AF5E-451D-ACC3-E73A2AF51A1B.jpeg

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes of course (y) not only great for levelling but you get a good night's sleep knowing that the van tyres are not sinking into the mud even if it rains all night, and even if they did you just jack up until the wheels are off the ground and then slip an old bread crate base or similar underneath, changing a wheel "a doddle" ;)

Mar 12, 2021
Renfrew Scotland
Funster No
MH
kontiki sport
Exp
20 years tugging .5 years MOH.
I have been looking at the Tesa electric system on the same Moho as yourself, at 52Kg and around
3.5K supplied and fitted.
The Ma-Ve hydraulic system has a higher lift, and I have been advised it is more suited to off road parking but at 60Kg and around 5.5K. Supplied and fitted.
I still haven’t made the leap yet but I’m thinking more towards the hydraulic system.
Both systems make the van solid when moving about inside and when parked up in windy conditions and you can change a wheel without the use of a jack.😀😀 keep me posted if you find cheaper or better. Billy.

OP
OP
chaschris23

chaschris23

Free Member
Feb 5, 2023
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 574
Exp
Hi Charlie & Chris

I am taking it that you mean hydraulic levelling as I have never seen plastic ramps that self level, Eddie has beaten me in recommending HPC as a lightweight option, the cylinders are alluminium rather than the steel that is found on many others, https://hpc-hydraulics.nl/automatic-leveling-system/?lang=en E&P have been the go to option for customers and manufacturers for a good few years now, we have a Morelo with factory fit E&P but I know that they have now gone over to HPC (for whatever reason) but they must be a good option.
Hi Funflair, thanks for that, yes I didn’t say hydraulic specifically as I know there are electro mechanical units on the market and wondered what, if anyone’s opinions were of these? We had kinda come to the conclusion that although they will obviously eat into your payload, by the time you remove ramps and vehicle Jack from the equation it probably wouldn’t be so bad, I know from experience in a friend Motorhome that although you can get fairly level with ramps you can still get body movement especially in high winds and this appears to be the best way to reduce/eliminate this. Do you know what sort of money we would be looking at to get this system fitted? I’m assuming around the 5k mark?
thanks everyone for your input.👍

OP
OP
chaschris23

chaschris23

Free Member
Feb 5, 2023
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 574
Exp
Thanks CazPaul, we may well be using ramps for a while but are ideally looking to reduce/eliminate some or all of the body movement you would still get using ramps.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We had the E & P levelling system fitted at SAP at Doncaster.

E&P quoted 55Kg for the system we had fitted but this was countered for us by removing the 4 levelling ramps we carried weighing in at 11.5 Kg and the jack at 6.5Kg that's no longer needed, so the extra weight added was 37Kg.
Same here for us - jacks on and milenco quattros out. It was an awkward fit but Mick did the job and did not charge above the quoted price. An absolute revelation in comfort. Rachel in the front office is good as well

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I would be embarrassed to publish a photo like that after causing so much damage...👍
Note first photo... not second..

Not our van, .............. tut tut jumping to conclusions, anyway as per my earlier post, you may have noted that we have a self-levelling system so no need for ramps. (y)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Funflair, thanks for that, yes I didn’t say hydraulic specifically as I know there are electro mechanical units on the market and wondered what, if anyone’s opinions were of these? We had kinda come to the conclusion that although they will obviously eat into your payload, by the time you remove ramps and vehicle Jack from the equation it probably wouldn’t be so bad, I know from experience in a friend Motorhome that although you can get fairly level with ramps you can still get body movement especially in high winds and this appears to be the best way to reduce/eliminate this. Do you know what sort of money we would be looking at to get this system fitted? I’m assuming around the 5k mark?
thanks everyone for your input.👍
You are right there are some or at least one electric option, wouldn't get my vote although they are lighter and cheaper I believe. we have had hydraulic levelling all the years we have been motorhoming and feel sea sick now if they aren't down and level, thankfully our friends have them as well as it wouldn't be good to be sat in their van enjoying a glass of something and going greener by the minute ;) re price, you might need to add a little bit to the £5k now but not too much hopefully.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back