LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
We are getting to grips with our, new to us, Cliff 600, despite the cold and wet weather.

its hard working on a van in bad weather, but our E&P self levelling has now been swopped over from our Hymer and works perfectly. Though we had to swop two of the legs for double telescopic’s to be fully clear of the ground once retracted. So added expense. Also added a couple of reading lights, fitted a new Sony double din head unit And added my garmin rear view camera on the numberplate light panel. But hav wired that up to the reversing lights yet. So getting there and we love it, even though we haven’t slept in yet.

Anyway. I drained the water system down as the really cold weather came along, even though I left the Truma heating on the electric setting at 10 degrees to stop anything freezing. I filled it this morning but can’t seem to get any water flowing. The pump is coming on at both sinks and the toilet, but, apart from a bit of gurgling, not a drop to drink!!

Any ideas? I did open thedrain valve again to see if the Truma was full, and it started flowing on the floor outside ok.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
It can take a little while for water to flow fully through ours. But I have to do it 30 seconds at a time for fear of burning out the pump. Manual says don’t run the pump for more than a minute at a time.

Make sure you’ve got plenty of water in the fresh tank to bleed through. Stupid question, have you reset the frost protection switch? Otherwise, your water will just be draining through and not charging the system……..NEVER done that myself.😉

Just read the last bit again…..you’ve already done that.🤦‍♂️👍

OP
OP
Peppadog

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
Ok. Thanks. I’ll have a look at it again tomorrow
Done this loads with my old Hymer. Its a submersible pump in that that primes itself more or less immediately.
Where’s the pump on these? Haven’t looked for it yet, but can hear it running.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Ok. Thanks. I’ll have a look at it again tomorrow
Done this loads with my old Hymer. Its a submersible pump in that that primes itself more or less immediately.
Where’s the pump on these? Haven’t looked for it yet, but can hear it running.

If it’s the same as ours, it’s a fixed pump in the fresh water…..ours you can get to if you drain the fresh water and open the the top of the tank (Big red twist off top). Access is simply lift the access cover. Rear right at the back of our van.👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
If you can fit a short length of hose over a tap outlet ,turn on the pump and give the hose a good suck, it may help to prime the water pump.

OP
OP
Peppadog

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
That, Jev88, would have worked. It didn’t, but it was the best way to suck water through. Of course, it helps if the waterpipe from the sub’ pump is connected to the tank fitting! why on earth didn’t I look there first🙈
All good now. Thank you all for your help.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back