Uploading photos (1 Viewer)

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
2 options. Either log on to this forum on your iphone and upload them easily that way or transfer the photos from your iphone to your laptop. Unfortunately, although I presume it is easy enough to do I don't have an iphone so I don't know the actual method. With my android phone I can either connect via USB type C plug or windows has a feature where my computer can wirelessly connect to my phone to transfer files, photos etc. I'm sure it will be a similar method for iphone.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks guys ,I just tried air dropping them to my laptop .but that didn't work ,no worries will play around with it , will get there eventually (y)
I think Airdrop will only work between Apple devices.
Easiest way would be to log into forum on your phone and then select photo and insert.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
With the iPhone connected via a USB cable and discovered by Windows as a device, your iPhone will be listed as a location in File Explorer.
In there will be a photo folder location.

Edit: it’s not clear where you want the pics to be. Just copied off the phone to the computer or uploaded here to show Funsters summat.

OP
OP
K
Mar 9, 2023
Isle of Wight, Newport, UK
Funster No
MH
2002 Avantgarde 400R
Exp
With the iPhone connected via a USB cable and discovered by Windows as a device, your iPhone will be listed as a location in File Explorer.
In there will be a photo folder location.

Edit: it’s not clear where you want the pics to be. Just copied off the phone to the computer or uploaded here to show Funsters summat.
Hi ,thanks kevenh ,I wanted to put the photos i have taken with my iphone on my windows laptop ,so i coiild upload them from laptop to the Funsters (y)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I would add them directly from your iphone by opening up MHF in safari (or whatever browser you use) and navigating to wherever you want to add the photos.
Then when you press Attach files at the bottom, select Photo Library, then tap on the photo you want.
The photo will provably be quite a large file size if you took it with a modern iphone, so once you have tapped the photo, press Show Selected at the bottom, then select medium, press Done at the top, press Add and it will appear in your post

See photo below to see how much smaller you can make the file size.
DA6C3011-7F5F-4183-B4AD-462A1C0295E4.jpeg

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
If you want your photos on your windows machine anyway, then you could download Icloud on it. You would need to use icloud on your phone too.

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
It's a while since I had an iPhone but seem to recall the even when plugged into a windows machine via tge apple to usb lead it might not show in windows explorer. I think you needed to install iTunes or something like it into windows so you could then see the iPhone as another drive.

OP
OP
K
Mar 9, 2023
Isle of Wight, Newport, UK
Funster No
MH
2002 Avantgarde 400R
Exp
If you want your photos on your windows machine anyway, then you could download Icloud on it. You would need to use icloud on your phone too.
Hi .Riverbankannie , thanks for your advice ,I am not very tech savvy , I tried to do what you said but my head exploded lol ,
It's a while since I had an iPhone but seem to recall the even when plugged into a windows machine via tge apple to usb lead it might not show in windows explorer. I think you needed to install iTunes or something like it into windows so you could then see the iPhone as another drive.
Thanks Kannon Fodda (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back