Update your Apple devices now... (1 Viewer)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Yep, just finishing the Mac. Phones done yesterday and this morning and iPads this morning.

Thanks for the warnings

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Apparently this is very important for Apple users...

Apple reveals security vulnerabilities affecting iPhones and iPads https://mol.im/a/11126551

How to protect yourself from iPhone and Mac security flaw https://mol.im/a/11126465
Wheh Hey. You beat me to it :) (y). I was out getting a pigeon out of the chicken's electric fence and watering flowers.

For those who don't like the Daily Mail.

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
Aug 31, 2021
Worcestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Camping since 1995, VW van (2009), MH (2015), PVC from 2022.
Thanks Mattyjwr

I‘ve done our iPads. Just need to persuade SWMBO to part with her iPhone so I can finish the job …

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Bloody Apple exploiting chickens security now..
The chickens appeared to have it all under control. I think the pigeon was trying to steal the chickens food and the chickens chased the pigeon who ran into the electric fence.
The chickens know not to touch the fence, so they started the alarm call which got my attention. So their security was perfect :p

I love them chickens... (y)

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
cheers m'dears, phone done, the old ipad won't/can't update beyond ios diddly summat, it really is ancient, but please don't tell any hackers..

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
The chickens appeared to have it all under control. I think the pigeon was trying to steal the chickens food and the chickens chased the pigeon who ran into the electric fence.
The chickens know not to touch the fence, so they started the alarm call which got my attention. So their security was perfect :p

I love them chickens... (y)

BB6D3D14-42B1-4661-BAEA-7F6B04C719F8.jpeg

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
From memory approx 1.67gb
My goodness, I hope that is a replacement OS and not just the update, that is a big chunk of storage space. I did my phone on mobile data yesterday, I had better leave my ipad till later.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I went to settings on wife's I Phone to click software updates, it was set on auto update, and showed the latest IOS15.6.1 was already on there, with message stating IOS is up to date(y)
I just wondered why anyone would not have set their Apple stuff to "Auto Update On"?
There must be a reason I guess?:unsure:
Thanks for the heads up Mattyjwr
LES

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
I went to settings on wife's I Phone to click software updates, it was set on auto update, and showed the latest IOS15.6.1 was already on there, with message stating IOS is up to date(y)
I just wondered why anyone would not have set their Apple stuff to "Auto Update On"?
There must be a reason I guess?:unsure:
Thanks for the heads up Mattyjwr
LES
Couple of reasons not to have auto update on I can think of.

The main one for me is I still work and am often 'on call' which necessitates my phone being able to receive calls at all times - the update process means it isn't available, the time of this being dependent on the size of the update.

Some people may not have regular access to wifi and therefore use mobile data to update - if you're on unlimited all well and good, but if not you might not want to update all of your devices at once depending on the size of the update.

Justus3

Free Member
Jul 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
Vivaro conversion
Couple of reasons not to have auto update on I can think of.

The main one for me is I still work and am often 'on call' which necessitates my phone being able to receive calls at all times - the update process means it isn't available, the time of this being dependent on the size of the update.

Some people may not have regular access to wifi and therefore use mobile data to update - if you're on unlimited all well and good, but if not you might not want to update all of your devices at once depending on the size of the update.
It asks if you want to download on data before it starts .Also for it to complete you must be on Wi-Fi and be on mains power.
Or failing that just have download update turned on. When you install is then up to you.

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
It asks if you want to download on data before it starts .Also for it to complete you must be on Wi-Fi and be on mains power.
Or failing that just have download update turned on. When you install is then up to you.
You don’t always have to be on wifi for it to complete. This latest one didn’t - I just let it run through on mobile data and it completed - it also wasn’t on mains.

I think it’s just the larger updates that annoyingly it insists on being on wifi for.

Overall, I just prefer the control of doing the download and install when I know I don’t need the phone to be doing anything else.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back