Unlocked 3 dongle which SIM's work (1 Viewer)

jacken

Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
If your dongle is unlocked, it will work with any sim card. If you are unsure, put the sim in your mobile phone first and if it works put in the dongle. You then have to alter the settings. There are different settings for both PAYG and contract. The settings link is below: http://www.taniwha.org.uk/gprs.html

ken

G4GMO

Free Member
Sep 6, 2007
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Daft question of the year...

I've just unlocked my 3 dongle. I have a Voda SIM off the ebay, complete with £15 credit, but how do I top this up ? It came with no documentation. I have worked out the phone number, I think.

Is this the sim that Vodafone will only supply with the dongle? I thought that you had to top up at a Vodafone store but I'm not 100% sure, or maybe on line. Either way Vod aren't doing themselves any favours by not supplying only the sim. http://online.vodafone.co.uk/broadband/mobile-broadband

Was tempted to get one myself but was confused by the various deals on ebay. :Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

G4GMO

Free Member
Sep 6, 2007
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
I have a feeling that if you just do a normal top up the credit may only be allocated to the normal mobile rate where 3G costs more and it needs to be allocated for the dongle rate. Sorry can't be certain worth you checking with Vod.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Hilldweller,

What you need to do is connect using your dongle and the vodafone sim. Go to Vodafone
.co.uk and register your sim. If you do this with the dongle it will recognise the number.

Then you have to register a cc card that can use to add credit to the sim.

Regards

Lunarman

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wall-E

Free Member
Jan 21, 2009
Funster No
Connecting to Vodafone Via dongle.

Hi Gang,
I need help!!. Brought a Vodafone dongle direct from Vodafone(£24-99). Plugged it into computer and it loaded the software OK, Clicked on the Vodafone icon and the page opened, Clicked on connect and it came up after a few seconds Connected!!. But I can't open a web page to start surfing the Web?. If I click on Internet Explorer it gets part the way through loading the page (Three Bars) but the closes and reverts to the Vodafone connected screen. With My 3 dongle, when you connect it automatically opens the 3 web page and away you go. What am i doing wrong?, Do i have to ring Vodafone and register before i can start using it?. My 10 year old grandson is away so I am struggling.
W-E.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hilldweller,
What you need to do is connect using your dongle and the vodafone sim. Go to Vodafone
.co.uk and register your sim. If you do this with the dongle it will recognise the number.
Then you have to register a cc card that can use to add credit to the sim.
Regards
Lunarman

I was sure I thanked you for that. It didn't recognise the number but that was no problem, now I'm all sorted.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Hi Gang,
I need help!!. Brought a Vodafone dongle direct from Vodafone(£24-99). Plugged it into computer and it loaded the software OK, Clicked on the Vodafone icon and the page opened, Clicked on connect and it came up after a few seconds Connected!!. But I can't open a web page to start surfing the Web?. If I click on Internet Explorer it gets part the way through loading the page (Three Bars) but the closes and reverts to the Vodafone connected screen. With My 3 dongle, when you connect it automatically opens the 3 web page and away you go. What am i doing wrong?, Do i have to ring Vodafone and register before i can start using it?. My 10 year old grandson is away so I am struggling.
W-E.

Wall-E,

Have you tried another browser e.g. Firefox?
Have you loaded both the 3 software and the Vodafone software? I found that the 2 conflicted when I was experimenting with software for my unlocked dongle. In the end I had to delete both connection managers and use mobile partner.

Lunarman

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back