UK canoe & kayaking YouTube recommendations (1 Viewer)

Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
Hi folks, are there any decent UK based YouTube channels for Kayaking? It’s one of our favourite hobbies but surprised by the lack of content for UK enthusiasts. Had a good old search, but thought I’d ask the Funsters!

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Hi folks, are there any decent UK based YouTube channels for Kayaking? It’s one of our favourite hobbies but surprised by the lack of content for UK enthusiasts. Had a good old search, but thought I’d ask the Funsters!
Tonns of videos out there but what are you looking for?

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Not youtube, but there is a forum called song of the paddle.
It's a bit clunky, but does have some useful info.
Most of the youtube videos are I've seen are testesterone fueled white water rapids type videos.
I like a gentle paddle on a lake or calm sea if there's no danger of needing the coastguard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Most of the youtube videos are I've seen are testesterone fueled white water rapids type videos.
I like a gentle paddle on a lake or calm sea if there's no danger of needing the coastguard.
Lochore Meadows in Fife 👍 There is a (pay for) Aire type facility there and you can hire equipment and take lessons.

Also lots of walks and cycle rides.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Lochore Meadows in Fife 👍 There is a (pay for) Aire type facility there and you can hire equipment and take lessons.

Also lots of walks and cycle rides.
Looks like there's motorhome parking on the lake too. Edit - sorry, loch
I'll bear it in mind, thanks

Last edited:

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock

TheMachMan

Try the paddle points places to paddle website it gives a lot of information on rivers all over the country

Don’t forget you need a licence for many rivers and there is an increase in the number of harbour authorities now wanting to charge for the use of estuaries etc or places wanting launch fees

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheMachMan
Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
TheMachMan

Try the paddle points places to paddle website it gives a lot of information on rivers all over the country

Don’t forget you need a licence for many rivers and there is an increase in the number of harbour authorities now wanting to charge for the use of estuaries etc or places wanting launch fees

Thanks, yes we‘re familiar with the licence requirements. Go Canoe YouTube channel is a good example of poor content.

OP
OP
TheMachMan
Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
We do refer to websites mentioned. But some are quite dated, but as per my post title was looking for some viewing content. Plenty on Campervans etc so was hoping there might be similar out there, but looks like that is not the case.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Thanks, yes we‘re familiar with the licence requirements. Go Canoe YouTube channel is a good example of poor content.
Again it depends upon what you are seeking but the paddle points site is great for finding places to paddle and rather than watching videos Clubs etc can be a great way of getting out there doing rather than watching and who knows you may be able to create the great content you are seeking.

This is probably one of the best videos I have seen on why people paddle and what it means to them, it's not American but Canadian and has 5 short stories

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
My son and DIL are kayaking fanatics and arrived in New Zealand this week for a 3 month hol, taking their own inflatable kayak, paddles and buoyancy aids with them. 🤷‍♂️

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
Try 'Simon, a bloke in the woods' on utube, loads of canoe trips to watch mainly around Norfolk and some abroad along with lots of other stuff like bushcraft etc, he has a beautiful canoe that he built himself...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back