TyrePal 26% Off TB99 & TC215 Funster Discount Code Until 31 December (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thanks to the helpful staff on the TyrePal stand at the last weeks NEC Show we managed to negotiate an excellent 26% discount on TyrePal TB99 & TC215 kits for Motorhome Fun members (y) See here for product details Broken Link Removed .
Please use our exclusive Funster discount code MHF1510 at the checkout - this code is active on all TC215B/2/4/6/8/10/12 and TB99 ranges. This makes the TB99 4 sensor kit down from £135 to £99.90 after discount (plus £4.13 p&p) - we have bought 2 sets to fit to both our car & motorhome :)
Now for the small print:
This offer does not include postage & packaging and buyers must select either UK Next Day delivery or UK Standard delivery. These kits are classed as a parcel & TyrePal do not send parcels out with the £2.50 UK Letter post.
If overseas please contact TyrePal before ordering for postage cost.
This offer will be valid until 31st December 2015 - please order before the 14th December for delivery in time for Christmas as TyrePal close down from Christmas Eve until the 4th Jan.
These should not be bought to be resold & there is a limit of 5 kits per customer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Fitted ours now & Mr Womble is very impressed - easy to set up with good instructions (y) TB99 is a neat little unit with lots of feedback for its size. Glad we bought 2 sets for both the car & motorhome & hopefully our journeys will be a bit safer now. Thinking about buying another set for my father as an early Xmas present...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Excellent product ,got a set same time last year and same deal .Great to be able to monitor whilst driving and there is an audible noise if you start to lose pressure, fortunately not heard that yet .lol

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Bump

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Have just done our first long journey with the Tyrepal fitted & it was reassuring to see the display on the neat little TB99 monitor on its grippy mat :). Our old cars last MOT found a bulge on the inside of one of the front tyres (which we couldn't see just doing routine checks) which meant we could have had a blow out at any time with no warning :eek: That tyre was less than a year old...Hopefully now with the Tyrepal fitted we may have some advance warning - presumably the reason why all new cars have to have a tyre monitoring system fitted now.

Dafydd

Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
St Davids, West Wales
Funster No
MH
Frankia on order
Exp
Are there any issues with using this with twin rear wheels (the tc215 for 6 wheels)?
Also would it be advisable to buy an extra sensor for the spare wheel or is that unnecessary?

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Thanks for the work to secure this offer.

We have them on our motorhome and they are also on the car - a great bit of kit.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Are there any issues with using this with twin rear wheels (the tc215 for 6 wheels)?
Also would it be advisable to buy an extra sensor for the spare wheel or is that unnecessary?
Think that Tc215 is designed for this but suggest calling TyrePal with technical queries before ordering. An extra sensor for the spare wheel sounds a good idea especially if it is in a hard to reach place. The sensors do have a locking screw so shouldn't fall off so no spare needed for that reason.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Bump - so anyone considering this doesn't miss out on the discount :)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Bump - so anyone considering this doesn't miss out on the discount :)

Get thee behind me Satan.

That is one serious deal and attractive technolgy but in 50+ years I've only had one rapid deflation and that was 40+ years ago so dithering.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
@hilldweller - first time us Wombles have been called that :eek::D - just trying to make Funsters safer on their travels :) Our scare with a bulged tyre was enough to convince us for both the car & motorhome...

Sep 12, 2014
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Transit coachbuilt
Exp
8years & counting
Just ordered one, many thanks for the discount- makes a big difference !
Cheers Keith

WinnieBago

Free Member
Oct 5, 2013
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance i810g
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Great deal, @Wombles - many thanks for negotiating and for bumping (otherwise I would have forgotten about it)! TC215 with 6 sensors now ordered. Like insurance, you pays your money for peace of mind in the hope that you'll never need it.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Don't want to be negative but would that have shown up in terms of pressure ?
We did check the tyre pressures regularly but no significant loss of pressure & not visible until the car was up on ramps in the garage. The bulge was still difficult to see but could be felt so lucky that we had the MOT before it could have caused an accident...

Dafydd

Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
St Davids, West Wales
Funster No
MH
Frankia on order
Exp
You were indeed fortunate to catch that tyre bulge on a ramp rather than suffer a tyre failure whilst driving...
Our old cars last MOT found a bulge on the inside of one of the front tyres (which we couldn't see just doing routine checks) which meant we could have had a blow out at any time with no warning :eek: That tyre was less than a year old...Hopefully now with the Tyrepal fitted we may have some advance warning
... but Hilldweller's point is that if you hadn't caught it in time manually then Tyrepal would not have given you any advance warning in that instance as a bulge would not register a significant pressure reduction.

I'm in two minds about it for my future MH as it is twin rear wheel drive and a few comments on their website refer to the system not working well with the twin wheels

Dafydd

Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
St Davids, West Wales
Funster No
MH
Frankia on order
Exp
Edit to the above: there is only one comment there about issues with twin rear wheels. So I'm now in the "strongly tempted" zone...

premiere99

Free Member
Aug 7, 2013
Medomsley, County Durham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
30+
I have just installed the TB99's this afternoon and found trying to tighten the locking screws impossible. Do you need to use the locking screws or is it just for making them harder to remove by theft?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
You were indeed fortunate to catch that tyre bulge on a ramp rather than suffer a tyre failure whilst driving...
... but Hilldweller's point is that if you hadn't caught it in time manually then Tyrepal would not have given you any advance warning in that instance as a bulge would not register a significant pressure reduction.
The TyrePal can be configured to alarm at even 1 PSI difference from your set tyre pressures & with the display constantly updating it is much easier to keep a close eye on it all. We have now learnt how important that even a small change can be as an indicator of a problem & feel we had a lucky escape with the faulty tyre before. Our enthusiasm for this product stems from the tried & tested feedback from other Funsters, the desire for increased safety plus the current price point with discount (y)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I have just installed the TB99's this afternoon and found trying to tighten the locking screws impossible. Do you need to use the locking screws or is it just for making them harder to remove by theft?
Know that some Funsters don't use the locking screws so presume that they are mostly for security as at £33 each plus delivery these are expensive to replace! Read this with regards to fitting on TyrePal website "The sensors for the TC215B and TB99 have an integral locking screw which should be tightened once the sensor has been fitted on the wheel. If it is difficult to reach, take the sensor off and insert the locking screw into a different hole."

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
emailed them with a query re twin rear wheels this morning - no response as yet :(
Might be better to call them ( 01543 870170) & ask for their technical dept. as they were very knowledgeable when we spoke them at the NEC. Please let me know if that doesn't work out as I think I might still have a business card with the direct email for their Head Of Technical ...

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
thank you for that wombles,that is a handsome discount(y)
Brian & Jo

Nov 23, 2011
durham
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
since 2006
I notice the sensors are 20.5mm in diameter. Will these fit on a standard Fiat 15 inch wheel with the Fiat wheel trim on.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Ordered for the new unit. 5 weeks to go:clap: Early Xmas pressie. Tyre pal not the MH

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back