Tyre checks and Age Checks (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Not sure yet, I don't think they'll need it, but it will need real world testing to supply that info definitively.

The caps will now have to transmit but they will weigh the same, less than half an ounce, be shorter and a tiny bit wider. The antenna coiled up at the top and is the reason for the extra width.

The beauty of the in-cab part is that its so simple you don't need a screen, if a cap fires, it shows a light, you just need to walk around to see which tyre has lost air. Traditional six wheel systems cost an absolute fortune, hopefully we'll shake that market up a little:Smile:
sounds good Jim, and just a single warning light would be unobtrusive and could easily be fitted where you want.

i think battery life may suffer a bit though due to the 'permanently on' transmitter...but saying that, my Chrysler OEM (Siemens) wheel sensors have been running since 2007 and the batteries are not replaceable, apart from removing three damaged ones they still work power wise
replacement wheel sensors are around £60 each so your system could find a new home there as well.

Last edited:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I do agree you should be aware of your tyre condition but the figures of 38% INCREASE mean nothing at all and could be very little or a lot

when the insurance company tells you % figures I always think its an excuse to hike up the price

now if they told us numbers we would know the truth

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Bump

Cheers Jim, postman didn't wait for a signature but they've arrived. Look a good piece of kit, look even better on the van if I can get them out of the blister pack. :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back