Truma heating again (1 Viewer)

Dec 31, 2022
Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Dont Own One Yet
Exp
Hiya folks,
So the Truma heating which has been working great all year has decided to go on its Christmas holidays typically.

When it’s on “fuel” it’s no longer blowing out the vents at all except the one above the hab door. I’ve closed all the other ones for a while then reopened them and still nothings coming out them.

The other day my solar dropped to zero which is fine but the control panel was saying “vent 1” but I have no idea how to get into the settings to see if there are any other options, for example vent 4 or something ???

Can anyone help advise please ?

Thanks

IMG_1055.jpeg

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
The fan setting is only showing 2 blobs, I assume you have it set to high. I have never noticed any “vent” messages though I guess it could be French for wind. You say fuel setting, does this mean it is a diesel rather than gas Truma?

OP
OP
TheTimTraveller
Dec 31, 2022
Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Dont Own One Yet
Exp
The fan setting is only showing 2 blobs, I assume you have it set to high. I have never noticed any “vent” messages though I guess it could be French for wind. You say fuel setting, does this mean it is a diesel rather than gas Truma?
Yeah, I’ve got it on high as opposed to “eco” and yes it runs off a dropped diesel tank 👍

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
Yeah, I’ve got it on high as opposed to “eco” and yes it runs off a dropped diesel tank 👍
Can you hear the fuel pump ticking away quietly? I guess the pump is the diesel equivalent of a gas regulator which is often to blame for gas Truma problems.

Dec 6, 2022
Worcestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail imala 736g
Exp
Sounds like the vent pipes may have worked loose somewhere if it's blowing warm through only one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Hiya folks,
So the Truma heating which has been working great all year has decided to go on its Christmas holidays typically.

When it’s on “fuel” it’s no longer blowing out the vents at all except the one above the hab door. I’ve closed all the other ones for a while then reopened them and still nothings coming out them.

The other day my solar dropped to zero which is fine but the control panel was saying “vent 1” but I have no idea how to get into the settings to see if there are any other options, for example vent 4 or something ???

Can anyone help advise please ?

Thanks

View attachment 846652

Your fuel setting is that gas bottle looking thing. Mine is gas/electric so that symbol means gas is selected. I can select it with the circle knob and press the knob/turn it to change it to electric. Not sure what the options on yours are though as it it obviously a different model.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
If there is no air coming out of the majority of the vents is it possible the pipe has become disconnected somewhere?

Page 49 explains the vent thi g. Vent is just air fan only no heating. You can choose 1 to 10 1 being low speed 10 being high. If you are seeing that it suggests the heating is off and it is functioning as a fan only.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheTimTraveller
Dec 31, 2022
Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Dont Own One Yet
Exp
So I know now it is something to do with the vent, that’s fine and I’ve looked at the manual provided Orion above (thanks for that).

Nowhere in the manual does it tell you how to change it back so there’s not air conditioning but actual heat blowing out the vents.

Feeling a bit stupid now asking about this but I’m afraid the cold outside in Inverness has taken over from pride and feeling stupid.

Can someone just tell me step by step how to get this ridiculous setting off and just heat my van ??

TIA

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back