"Training" Course (1 Viewer)

DeaVain

Free Member
Mar 11, 2023
Funster No
MH
just-looking
Hello Hymer World

It's been years since I've driven anything larger than a car, but I have a C1 licence.

Is there a dealer somewhere in the UK and/or Europe who could give me a couple of days training and also help with motorhome range selection.

Would this be a factory visit thing? and how would one arrange such a thing?

Thanks.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Hello Hymer World

It's been years since I've driven anything larger than a car, but I have a C1 licence.

Is there a dealer somewhere in the UK and/or Europe who could give me a couple of days training and also help with motorhome range selection.

Would this be a factory visit thing? and how would one arrange such a thing?

Thanks.
Why not book a few hgv driving lessons, there are lots of local providers usually providing C1, C or C+E.

The choice of layout, chassis, size etc of your mh is a very personal thing and frequently not successful at the first attempt. I suggest posting where you want to travel, who you want to take and have a listen. Then do not buy new, buy used, see if it is what you thought, whether you like it and what you got right or wrong , this might even take a few goes before you get it right.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
The CAMC have MH manoeuvring classes which are great confidence boosters and of course full of tips on driving a larger vehicle.
They take 6 MH on the day course so a good opportunity to chat to the other owners and nose around their vehicles. I suppose though, you have to have your own first :unsure:

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013

This is a list of the locations for the Caravan & Motorhome Club driver courses. You do as mentioned need your own vehicle. I notice though that several are independent driver training schools so maybe there's one near you?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
When I changed from a MOHO to a caravan I found a training provider locally, I used my own vehicle but could have rented one of theirs. They also do hgv and C1 training

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back