Trailers in Morocco (1 Viewer)

Mar 27, 2018
Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift van conversion
Exp
Since 2018
Any advice about documents required for a trailer being towed behind camper van - ie for buying the ferry ticket and at customs in Tangier.
I know about the camper van vehicle registration document requirement but can't find anything about trailers.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I towed a box trailer around Morocco and don't recall requiring any documents for it.. but customs did take a keen interest when leaving, and had to open and show inside .. other than that, plain sailing ..

OP
OP
A
Mar 27, 2018
Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift van conversion
Exp
Since 2018
I towed a box trailer around Morocco and don't recall requiring any documents for it.. but customs did take a keen interest when leaving, and had to open and show inside .. other than that, plain sailing ..
Thanks.
I was just wondering about the temporary import card issued on entry for the Camper and which shows vehicle details and has to stamped on departure.The trailer has its VIN number on the chassis but no equivalent of the Camper registration document which has to be shown to buy a ticket and presented on arrival.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Loads of French and Germans towing trailers with cars and quad bikes on them ..only difference I can see is the UK don't have separate registration for a trailer. Which could be interesting 🤔

Dec 18, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
I was asked for the trailer logbook at the port. Luckily I had applied for one, not sure how much of a problem that might have been otherwise. To get one I had to declare it as 751kg.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
A
Mar 27, 2018
Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift van conversion
Exp
Since 2018
I was asked for the trailer logbook at the port. Luckily I had applied for one, not sure how much of a problem that might have been otherwise. To get one I had to declare it as 751kg.
How long ago was that?
Where/how did you apply for a log book?
Was this for a commercial trailer?
Tks in advance

OP
OP
A
Mar 27, 2018
Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift van conversion
Exp
Since 2018
Last month. Search register trailer .gov.uk. Non commercial.
Hello ,this what I read on the site suggested
Need to register for some countries in Eueope
  • commercial trailers over 750kg gross weight
  • non-commercial trailers over 3,500kg gross weight.
Mine is non commercial ( as in social and domestic use only ) and max weight loaded is 2000kg .I interpret this as not needing to be registered

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Hello ,this what I read on the site suggested
Need to register for some countries in Eueope
  • commercial trailers over 750kg gross weight
  • non-commercial trailers over 3,500kg gross weight.
Mine is non commercial ( as in social and domestic use only ) and max weight loaded is 2000kg .I interpret this as not needing to be registered

It’s an interesting one. My interpretation is that there is no legal requirement to register the non-commercial trailer for use in the countries noted, but ……… to keep on the right side of the officials in Morocco it was a relatively cheap method of obtaining a document that would satisfy their need to see ‘something’ and avoid any delays. I’ll certainly consider doing it if we take the quad across next year, so thanks to DucatoMan2 for the idea. (y)

Dec 18, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exactly. UK gov says you shouldn't have a registration document. But good luck explaining that to the man in gold braide whose nice secure job is all about applying rules. Hence my trailer gained a kg to put it in the registration category.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
A
Mar 27, 2018
Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift van conversion
Exp
Since 2018
Note after the event FYI.
Only had to confirm registration ( number plate ) on the trailer was the same as the camper to buy ticket.No questions or queries on arrival or departure just a cursory look inside and the usual x-ray on departure.
Arrival and clearance was very quick and almost friendly - certainly welcoming.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back